Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron official pictures

Where's the like button? (Sinner you cracketh me up )

I'll enjoy mine whenever I manage to get one. He'll look glorious on my shelves.

And yet I, who think that anyone that pays full price for the modern CHUG lines basically has rocks in their head, am perfectly happy with my MP-43 and think it’s a great figure for the price.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    And yet I, who think that anyone that pays full price for the modern CHUG lines basically has rocks in their head, am perfectly happy with my MP-43 and think it’s a great figure for the price.
    Well I don't really collect CHUG anymore either, however to my mind all collectors are crazy, myself most definitely included. We are all spending money on toys. Sure some may spend less, some may spend more, some may only collect only this line, other that line or everything, it doesn't matter we are still buying silly things we don't need. Sure it gives us pleasure and we can justify it however we want but it's still pretty ridiculous.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'll be honest, I just scrolled past that huge sea of text.
    Tl;dr has never been and will never be a valid rebuttal.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Well I don't really collect CHUG anymore either, however to my mind all collectors are crazy, myself most definitely included. We are all spending money on toys. Sure some may spend less, some may spend more, some may only collect only this line, other that line or everything, it doesn't matter we are still buying silly things we don't need. Sure it gives us pleasure and we can justify it however we want but it's still pretty ridiculous.
    That's just it, value and tastes are completely subjective, however it's also pretty shortsighted to ignore the fact that going 29 mainstream Masterpieces in a row if you take it from Lambor (31 if you take it from MP-10) and then having the massive price jump has affected people's perceptions of value; the fact is that you've now either got people who have completely walked away or are on the verge of it. You'll most likely find that those being far less forgiving with QC issues are those who are on the verge of walking away.

You can argue that people shouldn't be emotionally attached, but that would be pretty shortsighted. You're talking about a product line which is deliberately marketed by playing on the nostalgia factor, which is in turn compounded by the fact that that nostalgia comes from an emotional attachment which has its roots in marketing campaigns which were combined with modern mythology and deliberately intended to create emotional attachments to these characters, and by extension, any and all physical manifestations of them to varying degrees.

The fact is that the outrage is a predictable byproduct of not only that marketing campaign, but the predictable consumer reaction that comes from companies being perceived to charge more for either the same thing or less of it.

Meanwhile everyone's concept of value and disposable income is going to be different, which is going to predictably affect their jump off points and how forgiving they are when price shifts like this happen.

At the end of the day though, there is no "wrong" or "ridiculously sensitive" reaction here.

The people who see the new prices as a rip-off could call those who still think it's good value shills, fools, idiots etc, while those who think it's great value could equally call those who feel there's too little value whiners, ridiculously sensitive, fanboys etc.

A case could be made for each extreme but to what end?

If you love MP-43 so much, then what does it matter if someone doesn't see the value or has unforgiving QC standards? How do their issues ake your enjoyment any less valid?

Likewise, if you think MP-43 is a rip-off of that the QC issues are unacceptable given the price rise, then how does someone thinking it's great value and loving the figure affect you personally? How does their enjoyment make your issues any less valid?

Why can't people take a mature and rational approach to this issue, recognise that value is subjective, the price rise is divisive, that there will be a range of opinions on it and live and let live?

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Tl;dr has never been and will never be a valid rebuttal.
    Actually it is. It points out that if a response is not concise and to the point, no matter its content, it may be overlooked and disregarded. Most people will not spend the time reading a wall of text so an effective argument needs brevity.

NB I read the quoted post but not the one after.

Back on topic, any other members have in hand yet? Thoughts?
    Last edited by Raider; 5th April 2019 at 07:59 AM.

Ok I'll try to break the cycle. My MP-43 has shipped along with MP-20+ Wheeljack from Nippon-Yasan.

Mine will stay in the box since I only collect the BW ones to give to my son later on.

And in keeping in the spirit of the thread, I got my Megs a few days ago and it is glorious!

My feelings summed up pretty appropriately here
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Mine arrived earlier this week. Despite being nervous about it shattering into a million plastically pieces, it was fairly easy to transform even if it did require being "firm" with it. Very happy. It looks fantastic.

You're all making me jelly.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.