Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brutal Doom V19

Default Brutal Doom V19

Has anyone played the patch for original Doom series Brutal Doom? It is honestly the best man made thing since sliced bread! I can't believe how much the guy who made it just breathed new life into an old game. To be honest I'd rather play it over many new games these days lol

Is that the 3D upgrade where the character models are actually 3D instead of just sprites?

I watched some YouTube videos of the game play a while ago, and as an old school Doom fan it looked really good.

The sprites are changed to 3D, they are just more bloody. There's effects like the screen getting damaged as the player takes damage, and enemies stats and item placements are changed to make it a harder game.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Is that the 3D upgrade where the character models are actually 3D instead of just sprites?
    Here's a link to the trailer..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89iszJNcKQw

Oh wait.. can we post links?

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    Oh wait.. can we post links?
    Of course you can dude!

I love the looks of "BRUTAL" Doom, I just wish my PC would bloody-well behave long enough for me to even run such a thing because, like Paulbot & 1Azrael1, I too am an Uber Doom & id Software fan and would love to play it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Of course you can dude!

I love the looks of "BRUTAL" Doom, I just wish my PC would bloody-well behave long enough for me to even run such a thing because, like Paulbot & 1Azrael1, I too am an Uber Doom & id Software fan and would love to play it at some point.
    My Man! Can't beat the triple OGs of fps (even though they weren't the first), I have them on my iphone aswell. I like the ios version of Wolfenstein 3d, the improved the graphics a fair bit, esp. the weapons

My Man! Can't beat the triple OGs of fps (even though they weren't the first), I have them on my iphone aswell. I like the ios version of Wolfenstein 3d, the improved the graphics a fair bit, esp. the weapons
    Wolfenstein 3d, Doom & Quake - The Unholy Trinity.

I did have the Doom RPG on my old phone and quite dug that, it sucks that id seemed to focus development of their RPG versions of those games for iOS only - I'd damn still be playing them on my Android devices if they were available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Wolfenstein 3d, Doom & Quake - The Unholy Trinity.

I did have the Doom RPG on my old phone and quite dug that, it sucks that id seemed to focus development of their RPG versions of those games for iOS only - I'd damn still be playing them on my Android devices if they were available.
    I've always wanted a REAL sequel to Quake. Quake 2 and 4 were sequels of each other.. I don't know where 3 came into it I never played it much, more of a multiplayer game was it? But it seems Quake was kinda on it's own. right?

I've always wanted a REAL sequel to Quake. Quake 2 and 4 were sequels of each other.. I don't know where 3 came into it I never played it much, more of a multiplayer game was it? But it seems Quake was kinda on it's own. right?
    Quake 1 is the result of the team being split on what direction to take the next game after Doom II/Final Doom; half wanted to make a Lovecraftian 3D FPS, whilst the rest just wanted to do another straight-up FPS, some internal issues occurred and when the deadline loomed they simply mashed the assets they had together and the rest is history.

Quake III Arena was indeed a competitive multiplayer FPS, whose level design very much revolved around an "Arena" style and the game played as much too - Coincidentally it came out round about the same time as the 1st Unreal Tournament, which also followed the same concepts as Q3A - Copycats or just brilliant minds thinking alike?