View Poll Results: TF4 Movie (AOE) - worth watching?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

25 24.75%
  • good, see if you can

33 32.67%
  • average

20 19.80%
  • disappointing, avoid it

23 22.77%
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 4 : Age Of Extinction (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    We don't even know that. Do the Vehicons even have any form of independent will, or are they merely extensions of Galvatron's will? Megatron did originally have a Spark, so the original source of Galvatron's life (as Megatron) would still be the AllSpark, however it was KSI (albeit manipulated by Galvatron) who resurrected Galvatron in a blasphemous state of undeath. I personally would've preferred to have seen Galvatron as a wholly new and separate entity from Megatron though; much as what he originally was in the original G1 toy bio and Ladybird books, as well as the IDW comics. Bringing Megatron back from the dead again is just ridiculous. Although seeing him manipulate humans into rebuilding him is preferable to just seeing other Decepticons stab him with a Cosmic MacGuffin.
    With the whole Megatron's head in a lab, I thought it was a cool nod to the Animated series... Or it could have been completely unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I honestly thought they had just cast a voice actor for him. It was very ambiguous as to whether they were meant to be clips or if he was just talking through some sort of synthesiser.
    they were different sound clips, one of them was john wayne saying "now get out!" and I thought I recognised a couple of other voices at the time but I forgot now.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    With the whole Megatron's head in a lab, I thought it was a cool nod to the Animated series... Or it could have been completely unintentional.
    I suspect it was deliberate - Ehren Kruger has been integrating references to previous iterations of Transformers into his scripts.

Watched the movie again for a third time on the weekend and something weird happened to me. I... think... I... actually... liked... it
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Watched the movie again for a third time on the weekend and something weird happened to me. I... think... I... actually... liked... it
    Come to your senses, man!
    It's a Bay movie! This is a Bay movie bashing thread! Think of what he has done to your childhood! Your childhood!!! Next you'll be saying you want to watch the new TMNT movie too, I suppose...

Cinematic Stockholm Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post

I just think it was wasted potential it could have been so much more! ARGH
    lol, reminds me of 2007

It's now ranked 18th top grossing movie of all time! Beating The Dark Knight. It's also over the $1 Billion Mark.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...grossing_films

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    It's now ranked 18th top grossing movie of all time! Beating The Dark Knight. It's also over the $1 Billion Mark.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...grossing_films
    That right there is proof that audiences don't care about plot or acting performance. The Dark Knight is leap years ahead of TF4 in terms of both.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

That right there is proof that audiences don't care about plot or acting performance. The Dark Knight is leap years ahead of TF4 in terms of both.
    And I thought Dark Knight was boring, dark, depressing garbage.