2 11.11%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction Autobot Hound (Voyager)

I agree with Zommael and MayzaPrime, definitely see him as being closer to TF Prime Bulkhead in terms of his persona... like Kup with his Cygar dependency... and like Tacker with his alt mode. But he's really not a whole lot like G1 Hound.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 30th June 2014 at 09:53 PM.

G1 Hound wanted to be human.

AoE Hound wanted to kill humans.

I agree Gokti, they are completely different.

Almost like they're different characters.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Opened him tonight. Wow - so many weapons ! Freakin awesome!

Really loving him in both modes. Great poseability and a myriad of different opinions for weapon placement so you can customise to your hearts content. Transformation process, paint job, detailing - all thumbs up

Besides the fact I keep calling him Bulkhead without thinking , a great figure. Possibly my favourite of the line so far

There are so many nice features on the Hound mould which would look better with more paint apps -- e.g. fuel tanks, tail-lights etc. I also noticed another homage on AoE Hound with G1 Tacker, and that's the combinable gun gimmick. Tacker's gun is able to combine with the guns of all the other Multi Force Autobots to form Landcross' mega gun, and of course, Hound has two sets of gun which can combine with each other to form rifles.

So I've had a few days to play with mine...

So. Many. Guns. Missiles on his upper arms, ammunition belts on his forearms.

A little more paint would be nice, but I like the way he looks in both modes. It's been pointed out that the CGI model is fatter - I think his stocky proportions on screen are due to the fact that he carries ammunition and grenade pouches on his waist. Transformation is reminiscent of Universe Inferno, with a little bit of DotM leader class Sentinel Prime. Not too complex, but I find that you have to move the panels at the back of the truck around a bit to get everything aligned 'just right'.

Gripes? My particular figure has shoulder and hip joints that are a looser than I'd like, and when attached to his torso, the quad-barrelled guns obstruct the movement of the arms, ruling out many dynamic poses. I know about the downsizing trend, but I still wish he was a bit bigger...

Anyway, I'm happy to have him, and if you come across him, definitely get him!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I also noticed another homage on AoE Hound with G1 Tacker, and that's the combinable gun gimmick. Tacker's gun is able to combine with the guns of all the other Multi Force Autobots to form Landcross' mega gun, and of course, Hound has two sets of gun which can combine with each other to form rifles.
    Looks like all of the weapons can combine just like Landcross'! Check out Ben Yee's review and scroll down to the image link for "Weapons Combined."
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It's been pointed out that the CGI model is fatter - I think his stocky proportions on screen are due to the fact that he carries ammunition and grenade pouches on his waist.
    I agree. I don't think AoE Hound is really rotund at all, but just a big robot who carries a lot of gear on him. Modern soldiers can carry a lot of gear on them, and Hound has always felt like he's got that sort of motif in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Looks like all of the weapons can combine just like Landcross'! Check out Ben Yee's review and scroll down to the image link for "Weapons Combined."

I agree. I don't think AoE Hound is really rotund at all, but just a big robot who carries a lot of gear on him. Modern soldiers can carry a lot of gear on them, and Hound has always felt like he's got that sort of motif in the film.
    I'm pretty sure his "belly" is supposed to resemble a piece of body armour designed to help soldiers protected one of the most vulnerable parts of the body and carry a whole bunch of stuff at the same time. I just imagine the toy is missing this armour rather than truly inaccurate.

Just opened him up-very nice looking, though the lack of feel/ankle articulation is a little awkward for posing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Just opened him up-very nice looking, though the lack of feel/ankle articulation is a little awkward for posing.
    Annnnd the knife just broke off while storing under the truck. Bother. Bluetack saves the day!