Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Animated Se3Ep11 "This is Why I Hate Machines" discussion

Default Transformers Animated Se3Ep11 "This is Why I Hate Machines" discussion

The episode name and the first few minutes made me think this would be a filler episode... But no it's not!

I wont spoil the surprises, I will just say it's a great episode for Ratchet and a good lead in to the finale.

(Also good to watch it on TV for once :-) )

Just saw it , cooooool! Sigh only this reminds me how its going to be canned soon, and since Arcee is at the tail end of the production line, a) could get canned before full toy production goes - as is HASBROS's TRADITION of ANTI ARCEE, b) SHe gets a figure but is Scalped and goes for Masterpiece prices on Ebay and whatnot. Not trying to be cynical but with Hasbro's history with Arcee figures, it's hard not to. So erm how many more episodes to go?
    Last edited by liegeprime; 10th May 2009 at 06:46 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That was awesome.

Tracks was funny.

Pity it's badly timed around the movie. So much more potential.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

A good episode. Sentinel Prime's reign as acting Magnus is an interesting social metaphor. Having Fanzone running about Cybertron was also interesting, particularly the way he was able to apply his police skills on Cybertron. Also cool to see both Ratchet and Shockwave kicking some can.

And of course, tributes...
    + Background mooks: Grandus, Flareup/Firestar, Powerglide, Zaur, Tracks, Huffer, Steeljaw etc. - seeing them freak out over an organic is consistent with pre-established continuity (ace!) and also just hilarious.
    + Maccadam's Old Oilhouse
    + Autroopers as enforcers in the propaganda video
    + Rattletrap is clearly a homage to Rattrap's Cybertronian form. The name is a fusion between Rattrap's English and Japanese names (Rattrap is known as "Rattle" in Japan)

cool episode but know i dont wether i should get normal coloured Shockwave or his "true" coloured verion

That true colours thing while annoying and painful, is awesome.

I got regular coloured Shockwave. My rationale being:

1/ It's a nicer looking colour scheme on that mould and also Longarm Prime has only ever appeared in those colours. Now that his cover's blown I don't think we'll be seeing Shockwave using his Longarm Prime mode anymore - especially in purple!

2/ Longarm/Shockwave appears in his regular colours for the majority of the series. Let's face it, his "true" colours thing in this episode is really just a gimmick to sell the purple variant of the toy.

To me, purple Shockwave is like Fire Guts Ginrai... a colour variant seen for a limited portion of the show. IMO purple Shockwave would be a cooler toy if it were a limited exclusive like Fire Guts Ginrai. I suppose the only good thing I can say about the purple variant is that they're a lot easier to find online. The original colour version was a lot harder to find (especially from a non-US seller who won't gouge you for postage), but well worth the effort. I got mine from a seller in Singapore for AU$40.

*searches ebay*

Here's one from Singapore for AU$39.99 and ships worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos
    That true colours thing while annoying and painful, is awesome.
    I like Shockwave. I can see why some people were disappointed - particularly with the description of the tank mode being the "robot mode fallen over" - but I don't mind it so much. It's an ambitious design -- attempting to give the toy two robot modes and two vehicle modes. Execution-wise the vehicle modes are pretty "meh" as a result, but I think it was a fair effort. But yeah, it's not the greatest toy and I wouldn't recommend it for people who aren't fans of Animated and of the character.

So much nostalgia...

I always like seeing Furman's stuff in other media, like Maccadam's Old Oil House.

Humans breathing on Cybertron.

SENTINEL: Set up a perimeter around The Metroplex.

Oh my gods – that was the most awesome cameo this series. Just a shame they didn't get Scott McNeil - that would have made it perfect. (And as well as the cameos Gok listed, I also spotted Glyph and... a 'Sedan' white Bumper too?)

I loved Sentinel Prime's fear-mongering propaganda.

Corey Burton's SHOCKWAVE as HAL: I’m afraid I can’t let you do that.

"Get your head out of your exhaust port!"

Yes! "True colours"! Ha! I have that toy!

MEGATRON: No Autobot would be foolish enough to fire on their greatest weapon.
    SENTINEL: I say we fire on Omega Supreme.

This is unquestionably one of the best seasons of Transformers ever.

Autotbot + human in the tunnels under Cybertron fighting Shockwave? Also G1 cartoon-esque.

and no one's mentioned the Elite Guard's familar looking fortress...!

What seemed going in to be filler was really the prologue to the finale and it should be a good one though it has a lot of threads to tie up.

But Gok, the voice credits went pretty fast (and I can't rewind) but I thought they said Rattrap?

All i have to say is.... FORTRESS MAXIMUS!!!!!