Page 98 of 146 FirstFirst ... 788893949596979899100101102103108118 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I'm new to collecting Lego, the Modular buildings in particular.

I understand that up until December 2014, the Lego Modular Grand Emporium (10211) and Town Hall (10224) were somewhat widely available in stores in Australia.

Is there any chance that someone knows of any smaller retail stores which may still have stock?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
    Unfortunately prices for those 2 (now retired) sets are rising quickly. You would be extremely lucky to find either of those for under $500 now. Parisian, Petshop, Palace Cinema and Detectives Office are the only ones kinda available still.

Thanks Omega Metro.

Yes, that's what I have found. I had hoped that someone might know of a smaller retailer which still had stock on shelves, even if it was a bit above RRP. But, $500+ for a single Modular is well beyond my means.

I'll just have to hope that one day I get lucky with a second-hand/loose set for an affordable price. Or maybe there is a "Dummies Guide to Bricklink" because when I looked on there to figure out how to buy alternate parts to build some of the much older sets (e.g. Fire Brigade and Green Grocer) I had absolutely no idea what I was doing!

At Target, there is a Lego city set from the Swamp police series. Its got a Hovercraft and some sort of Half track vehicle. Interesting, I'm glad this set has finally been released. Now just to wait for a sale, hopefully.

@ Defcon - Target has 20% off all "City" (and Star Wars) Lego as part of their sale which starts on 17/07 online and 22/07 in stores.

If you sign up, you can view their catalogue now.

Ugh not really a sighting but I saw an assortment of those LEGO encyclopedia books in Epping Big W's drop zone last night (the ones with exclusive minifigures packed in) discounted to $10. However every single minifigure was expertly removed from EVERY book. The sheer quantity of these discounted books (about 15 or so) and the lack of damage makes me suspect that this wasn't a result of petty theft but the work of someone working at the store who then has the gall to re-price and flog off these books in the drop zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Ugh not really a sighting but I saw an assortment of those LEGO encyclopedia books in Epping Big W's drop zone last night (the ones with exclusive minifigures packed in) discounted to $10. However every single minifigure was expertly removed from EVERY book. The sheer quantity of these discounted books (about 15 or so) and the lack of damage makes me suspect that this wasn't a result of petty theft but the work of someone working at the store who then has the gall to re-price and flog off these books in the drop zone.
    Check the inside covers, at some stores the staff do remove the figures for "security reasons" but there are sometimes slips or stickers inside saying that they are available to be picked up at the Sound and Vision counter.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Is the Ant Man set out anywhere except the Lego shop online?

It's not being released at Australian retail apparently.

Booooo. Thanks dude

The lack of Ant-Man is a bit of a disappointment. That means it just isn't worth it getting this set without spending a hefty fee.