Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Million Publishing Generations Vol2 GoShooter Deco revealed

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Please post links to sources that we can get this figure at this price, or under the AU$100 that Deltaprime was commenting on.
    As mentioned in post #3 of this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I think it's probably a slip from the Generations Vol2 book (the one you have to purchase to order the toy itself),
    Other references
    * Cost of book = 2700JPY (approx. $28 before postage)
    * Toy prices

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As mentioned in post #3 of this thread:

Other references
    * Cost of book = 2700JPY (approx. $28 before postage)
    * Toy prices
    But that's my point. There is no way you can get this for under $100, and yet you said it's "Not quite that expensive" to Deltaprime when he said it would be at least $100.

There are three ways to get this toy for us here in Australia.
    1 - for most of us here it is through a secondary source, and the prices of past Generations toys have been US$100-200 plus shipping... because there are limited options for non-Japanese fans to get it, so toy dealers punish us for profit from that rarity.
    2 - if by chance non-Japanese fans can order the toy this time, add up the expenses - $42 for the book (with shipping) to get the order form, $53 for the toy, and probably about $25 shipping for the toy. That equals about $120.
    3 - for the one person in Australia who has people in Japan to order the toy for them, it is still about $35 for the book with shipping in Japan, $53 for the toy, about $15 shipping to the Japanese address, then about $15 to post it to Australia with other items to offset some of the cost. That STILL is above $100, at about at least $113.

So, again I ask, how is it possible to get this toy for under (AU)$100 since you said it's "Not quite that expensive", so that people like me and others like Deltaprime can get one.

I also would love to know when and where to buy this
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

i really like how they incorporated the different shoulder transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I also would love to know when and where to buy this
    BBTS usually sell the Million Publishing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So, again I ask, how is it possible to get this toy for under (AU)$100 since you said it's "Not quite that expensive", so that people like me and others like Deltaprime can get one.
    I don't know about secondary sources, so that's something I cannot comment on. But yes, even purchasing directly from the primary source isn't cheap -- at best it'd cost about AU$80-something (but that's including the cost of the book and toy - unless you know someone who wants the book but not the toy). But that's why I personally skipped United Stepper. On the other hand, if someone really wanted to have Go Shooter, even at AU$100, this toy may arguably be a cheaper alternative over purchasing the original G1 toy.

Yeah the best price I've ever gotten on a JP mail away figure (at time of launch) was $90 for Gentie Strafe. The secondary market prices for Million figures always runs at least $100 even if you don't buy the book. Here's BBTS's prices for the figures. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/m...65&company=492

I'm tempted to get Artfire from them now that he's been shelf warming for so long and come down in price so much.

Yep, about $100 is what I've paid for past Generations exclusives (plus shipping), and am still missing the Infiltrator Starscream, because it was less impressive as an exclusive (not even a new character for that mould), and yet was more expensive than other ones. More than what I'm willing to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I would get him as I'm after all the Headmaster Jr's, but I'd rather spend the $100 or more he'll cost on the original.
    If you know where to pick up Headmaster Jr's for nearly one hundred dollars, you got to hook me up with your source. I'd kill for them that cheap
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    If you know where to pick up Headmaster Jr's for nearly one hundred dollars, you got to hook me up with your source. I'd kill for them that cheap
    I read that as being, putting that money towards buying an original, not, buying an original for that price... which as we know, costs hundreds loose, and very well a grand sealed.

But if he finds a source for them at about $100, I wouldn't say no to being hook up either.