Page 369 of 467 FirstFirst ... 349359364365366367368369370371372373374379389 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

$59 for a Tetris game seems too much.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    $59 for a Tetris game seems too much.
    It's not just a Tetris game.

Anyway I'll have it on Tuesday when I get paid cause you know, bills come first.

So what do you guys think of CoD: WWII? Stars Transformers own Josh Duhamel . I hope it's good, but I won't preorder.

Wonderboy the Dragon's Trap.
    very nice. Exactly what I want from an updated graphical version of Wboy. I really loved the original and still think it's great. Lizardcube's game does a great job of still feeling and handling exactly like the original with new graphics and sound, yet still allowing you to instantly flip between old and new style.

Brilliant!
    Pros: The original game with new graphics

Cons: no game enhancements.
    (there is a hard mode)
    For me, this is fine, but I really like the game and am very curious how someone new (and young) would like the game. Some of the gameplay elements must seem a tad old.

Cons: Price
    Bit of a hard one this one, as its been completely programmed from scratch. As far as I'm aware it doesn't use any assets from the original game, so no emulation. It must have been a lot of work, but let's face it, you're paying 30 bucks for an almost 30 year old game. Still the new music is great.

Personally this game is great. I like the original, it feels like the original and plays like the original. Good for me.

Now eagerly awaiting Monsterboy and the Cursed Kingdom. Hope that's just as good.

Seriously going to avoid the updated original Wonderboy. While Dragon's trap and Monsterboy look like good updates, Wonderboy looks like a cheap arse flash game with stuff-all effort applied. I'd rather play the master system version, or emulate the arcade mode than look at the lazy job they are doing.

Also, Shadow of Mordor is great. 52 hours and still having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Also, Shadow of Mordor is great. 52 hours and still having fun!
    I couldn't care less about the story in Shadow of Mordor but the gameplay is absolutely amazing. Did you know it started as a movieverse Batman game but the film people got nervous and so it was changed to LOTR? It's sequel Shadow of War is coming out in August, but I will wait for a sale on it because they are really overreaching with their $160 Gold Edition.

Well, bills are paid. Time to buy the Switch version of my favourite Mario Kart of all time.

EDIT: Hmmm, I guess on launch day Nintendo's servers must have been getting slammed cause unlike the 16 hour long download of BotW, MK8 is almost finished downloading.

Ok so I've been playing Prey for the last few hours.

Originally pre-ordered it based in the cool E3 trailer, and I enjoyed the original game.

Well, this one has nothing to do whatsoever with the 2007 game, none of the same mechanics, but damn if this isn't a spiritual successor to System Shock II along with a mix of Deus Ex.

Which of course are two of my favourite games of all time.

Neuromods are Prey's equivalent of SS2's Psi and Deus Ex's Augments, with a few twists, each "skill" requires more neuromods than the previous (like SS2's cybermodules) and there's more than a couple of references to those two in game ("Looking Glass" technology and a door passcode being "0451")

Crafting is interesting, and relatively simple. Any object can be dumped into a recycler and turned into a quantity of one of four raw materials, which can then be used in another device to create objects you've found plans for.

I'm not very far into the story yet but gameplay wise it's quite fun. It's got the "horror" theme shock music during fight scenes/surprise enemy appearances, SS2's "instructions from a far" and a hint of Deus Ex's multiple conflicting goals starting to show, so I think I'm really going to enjoy this one.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Ok so I've been playing Prey for the last few hours.

Originally pre-ordered it based in the cool E3 trailer, and I enjoyed the original game.

Well, this one has nothing to do whatsoever with the 2007 game, none of the same mechanics, but damn if this isn't a spiritual successor to System Shock II along with a mix of Deus Ex.

Which of course are two of my favourite games of all time.

Neuromods are Prey's equivalent of SS2's Psi and Deus Ex's Augments, with a few twists, each "skill" requires more neuromods than the previous (like SS2's cybermodules) and there's more than a couple of references to those two in game ("Looking Glass" technology and a door passcode being "0451")

Crafting is interesting, and relatively simple. Any object can be dumped into a recycler and turned into a quantity of one of four raw materials, which can then be used in another device to create objects you've found plans for.

I'm not very far into the story yet but gameplay wise it's quite fun. It's got the "horror" theme shock music during fight scenes/surprise enemy appearances, SS2's "instructions from a far" and a hint of Deus Ex's multiple conflicting goals starting to show, so I think I'm really going to enjoy this one.
    Does it feel like it's going to be a short game? Someone beat it the other in a 20 minute speedrun.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/8/155...n-world-record

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Does it feel like it's going to be a short game? Someone beat it the other in a 20 minute speedrun.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/8/155...n-world-record
    Don't know about the length of this game in particular but speedruns generally miss all the story, all the easter eggs, and rely heavily on in game exploits to get those times so I wouldnt worry too much about it being too short.
    Personally I dont see the appeal, if it's a game that relies on best times etc sure, but with games where there's a lot to do and explore and story to experience I just dont see the point. As they say, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, and that's my view on speedruns

I'm about 15 hours in and there's still a few areas I haven't/can't get to yet, plus so far quests have had me backtracking all over the place - so maybe halfway or so through? (But then in my experience games seem to get more linear towards the end so I might be wrong)

I am doing a lot of exploring though
    Last edited by prjkt; 10th May 2017 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Timing wrong

Finished the story of Shadow of Mordor and it was ok. But the game was great! Looking at my save file, I cranked 92 hours! 92 Hours of various messing around with the Uruka captains and cray general shenanigans.

Also, managed to bag my first platinum trophy too (and subsequent 100% trophy collection.). Annoyingly, when I look at the trophy section, SOM doesn't come up as 100% because the DLC trophies are included, even though I have not got it. Grrrr

Good game, which is kin of fun, as to how to proceed. Looking for cool Uruks with decent stats to make captains/ warchiefs etc.

I found it really hard at first, and easy at the end, and wondered if my skills had progressed, or it's just hard to get into. I think it's very hard to get into. I started a new game and went along to take a relatively low ranked captain and soon got swamped. The fight carried on for a while and before I knew it, another two captains had come along.

So starting the game, when you have no skills for the old quick take down/combo abilities is when it is really hard. Although I had goten better, as I certainly was able to survive longer than I would have before, it just takes AGES before I get can take out the captain.