Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP Optimus coming to Australia October

Will be reeeeealllly tempted when I see him in the stores

I'm looking forward to getting this in October. Word of a second release later in the year is a relief too so we don't need to panic if they sell out quick.

$150 is good price, but probably will wait for a sale, since Rodimus went on sale a few times (and the original price wasn't too high either).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Indeed it is! I believe these are some of the differences (correct me if I'm wrong)

- Different paint apps
    - Shorter/modified smokestacks
    - Different packaging (looks to be half the size of its Takara counterpart)
    - Looks like the plastic is different quality

At $150, I reckon it'll be difficult to justify for non collectors. The box has a nice window display, but looks like it's easily dwarfed if placed side by side with any MISB modern leader class transformer
    -Lighter colours, especially the blue.
    -Roller is dark blue/purple/whatever as opposed to the grey TT version.

Seriously though, to anyone on the fence about getting this: don't be. It's an amazing piece and well worth the price tag.
    Maybe import it from the US if you can get decent postage though, we're almost at dollar equity atm.

I've heard good things about this mould, but couldn't justify the expense after already paying big bucks for MP-04 (Takara MP Prime with Trailer).

At this price I will bite though - unless I can get it cheaper from RK or ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    At $150, I reckon it'll be difficult to justify for non collectors. The box has a nice window display, but looks like it's easily dwarfed if placed side by side with any MISB modern leader class transformer
    I agree. And while I like the minimalist packaging personally, it's not going to stand out against all your other pretty leader class/voyager products which are vastly cheaper as well.

Unless stock numbers are low, I'd say we have a shelfwarmer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What Fry...I mean Gok said!!

It's really nice, and if I hadn'r already bought the 20th anniversary prime and an MP-04 I'd be all over it like something something,

Unfortunately though, I have both of those versions and I can't justify the expense, not when there is so much other product coming down the line that I am definitely going to want to buy. Prime figures, FOC figures, FOC the game and a playstation to play it on, etc, etc.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

They can call this Masterpiece Prime all they want but I don't consider it to be in the same league / scale. More than happy with the original MP Prime which side by side with MP Megatron looks great. This MP Prime with it's dull grey plastic looks like a cheap knock-off. Pass for me. Kudos to Hasbro for bringing it out here though.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]