Alright this is a pretty together board in terms of age ranges and memory, so I'm trying to remember a toyline I had as a kid.

It was early to mid 90's, and I'm from country Victoria, specifically Swan Hill, and was fairly poor so I don't know if these were major or from like Crazy Prices or what. They were construction toys where you created spaces vehicles (like lunar buggies, tanks, etc), moon bases and mecha. I remember a lot of purples, maroons and navy blue as the colours on various sets. Some orange cockpits covers and some shadowy cockpit covers, too. Lot's of tread (non-moving, non rubber). I don't know if one of the modules reminding me of the combat unit inside Prime's trailer is accurate or faulty memory.

You had pilot figures which were solid coloured (usually yellow), maybe three or so centimetres tall. They could bend at the waste, and might have moved their arms. They were surprisingly detailed I think and they had kind of triangular helmets on (that kind of reminded me of Questars hair from Dino Riders). I also have some vague memories of some of the cockpits having smaller figures that were gold, non removable and much smaller, but I don't remember if that was a separate but similar toyline, or merely different parts of the same toyline.

It was not Zoids, but did ultimately have a slightly similar aesthetic if Zoids were about a moon base not animals.

I hope that's enough and that someone can help me. Sorry I don't have any photos. Thanks so much in advance, everyone!