Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 515202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitening yellowed toys with Hydrogen Peroxide

I picked up some of the stuff on the weekend, but I haven't had the chance to test it out on anything yet. I should do this Saturday.

I got my Slugslinger in the mail last week and he's in surprisingly good condition. Still, if you guys are gona toy around with a yellowed junker I'm still very eager to see the outcome, given the excellent results on Scourge/Blurr/Getaway.

After reading through this thread I know that liquid Hydrogen Peroxide and 1987 TM's don't mix. So I'm attempting to "restore" a somewhat "junker" Triggerhappy with Creme Peroxide 12% and will let everyone know how he goes.

I also have access to 50% Peroxide at work so if need be I can try a short bath for comparisons sake. I'm thinking that maybe a shorter bath with a higher concentration might be ok. I can also dilute it down to try a longer bath at a lower concentration on a Slugslinger I have here somewhere.

Hopefully I can contribute something to this thread

Starting Thursday Priceline have 30-50% off hair dyes so you could pick up a bottle at a cheaper price.
    Last edited by jena; 16th August 2011 at 11:30 AM.

Hi guys,

Just got my Jazz today, and made me sad to see his white bits yellowed (his shoulders/fenders, spoilers, and doors (which will be a b*tch to do as it has the #4 sticker on them and I'll have to either buy new doors or order reprostickers (which I'm not keen to do)...). Before I do anything, I need to know if there has been any measure of success with whitening a Jazz or something similar from the same era...I've looked back a bit, but couldn't find much. Help a brother out here?
    Recent Acquisitions: JP Buster 100%, JP Anime Galvatron MISB

The only G1 toys known to react badly to H2O2 are 1987 toys. Jazz in 1984 and although I can't sat 100% that it will work, I am pretty confident that it would.

Try it and see what happens, you may not have much to loose and a lot to gain. You need to disassemble him and try one of the pieces, then compare it to the others. If you see an improvement, go with the rest.

I had a go using 12% creme peroxide on First Aid today. He has come out whiter - you can tell which section has had more sun than the other, so I will have to rotate him next time.

After an accident cleaning some gunk off him I can also attest to the effectiveness of Diggers isopropyl alcohol at removing paint

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I had a go using 12% creme peroxide on First Aid today. He has come out whiter - you can tell which section has had more sun than the other, so I will have to rotate him next time.

After an accident cleaning some gunk off him I can also attest to the effectiveness of Diggers isopropyl alcohol at removing paint
    might have to do some taping of the painted parts before application...u done any '84 era figures?
    Recent Acquisitions: JP Buster 100%, JP Anime Galvatron MISB

zannus Guest

This thread has been my best resource so far in learning how to de-yellow my figures so I decided to register and ask a question before I try anything. I have a set of Technobots thats starting to yellow, but they are sadly 1987 stamped. Has anyone figured out a way to whiten the 1987 figures without damaging the plastic or am I basically screwed?

Do you have something to test it on? I did my 87 Hunn-Grrr the other day. Most of it worked but the hinge that holds the tail on actually turned more yellow.
    Last edited by VERT; 20th August 2011 at 10:47 PM.