Page 443 of 481 FirstFirst ... 423433438439440441442443444445446447448453463 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Double vent:

The 'tightarses who also don't like losing' phenomenon
    I don't understand the collectors mentality when it comes to ebay sales. If you list a G1 with a 99c starting bid but offer a buy it now (BIN) option at $40, people ignore the BIN option and fight each other in an auction instead. 7-10 days later they almost always end up paying more when they could've just clicked the BIN to begin with.

In my last 10 years of collecting, I've found this to be the case about 9 times of of 10. I don't get it.

The 'Monash Freeway' phenomenon
    This is one for the Melbournians. Monash Freeway outbound - I've found half of the motorists tend to speed in the 80km/hr zone, despite the many cameras. They could be anyone; middle aged, elderly, young, a family car.

Once the Monash enters the 100km/hr zone, these SAME people pretty much retain their traveling speed. They do 90-95km/hr. They block the two right hand lanes. I always cruise past these same people who zoomed past me earlier in the 80 zone. I don't get it.

Syfy has cancelled Dark Matter whilst on a cliffhanger season finale. Gdi I hate when shows get cancelled like that.

I just read a post on that as well. On a cliffhanger no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Syfy has cancelled Dark Matter whilst on a cliffhanger season finale. Gdi I hate when shows get cancelled like that.
    I was just about to start watching that series. It looks good. Should I not bother now due to the frustration I will experience when I get to the end?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I was just about to start watching that series. It looks good. Should I not bother now due to the frustration I will experience when I get to the end?
    Still worth the watch. 3 great seasons. Whilst I wish it had gone the planned 5, you get an idea in a way of where it was going. The characters are complex and fantastic. The characters Two and Three are so well brought to life by their actors. I look forward to the next role Melissa O'Neil plays. Huge fan of hers now.

Isn't Dark Matter part of a shared universe with Killjoys? If it is it might get renewed through Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Isn't Dark Matter part of a shared universe with Killjoys? If it is it might get renewed through Netflix.
    Really!? Searching this right now. I know Killjoys got renewed.

Update: ok so I couldn't find anything concrete to confirm this. However I'm convinced to watch Killjoys now so a little less sad.
    Last edited by Raider; 2nd September 2017 at 07:47 PM.

Selling a few things (not Transformers) on Facebook marketplace for the first time.

Jesus, the sort of people I have to deal with. From those who can't even converse on a basic level to no-shows. Bunch o' tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I have no idea about the show you're talking about but I had a similar thing with Firefly. I initially never watched it, then after years of hounding from friends I finally did, knowing that the series just stopped. I enjoyed it and was really starting to get into it. Then I went to play the next episode and it wasn't there, I had such a feeling of emptiness and loss. I know, 1st world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Selling a few things (not Transformers) on Facebook marketplace for the first time.

Jesus, the sort of people I have to deal with. From those who can't even converse on a basic level to no-shows. Bunch o' tossers.
    yeap. it's definitely challenging.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post

I tried selling a few transformer items on Gumtree recently - I know exactly how you feel. It's a haven for low ballers, dummies, deadbeats, no-shows.

"$100 for this listing? Can I offer $20 cash?"