Thread: SPOILER THREAD - The Last Jedi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I just watched this finally having avoided all spoilers! Was definitely a weird one. Felt like Luke, like Han in the previous one was a bit too much comedic relief in places. But i thought the way he went at the end was pretty bad ass. Bad ass when I thought he was actually there and moreso whrn i realised he probably wasn't. That's a cool new jedi skill to introduce, afaik/can remember. Emperor would have saved a lot on holo-calls if he could have done that!

Rey was funny in that, about half way through i said to my wife there's only really 2 possibilities here, she's Kylo's sister or her parents are nobodies since who the hell would they be otherwise lol. Sure enough, nobodies with that exact wording haha.

Snoke getting split was umm ok are you sure there's going to be a ninth one? Lol felt near the end this director had it in for the next and was deliberately trying to wrap it up and make no story threads to continue on from. Don't learn a thing about how he came to be or anything. Did they leave it in a book or comic or something? Had some cool powers and cruelty but nothing as cool as Palpatine's character by Ep3. POWARRRR!

Leia going all Matrix ghost was pretty messed up. Purple hair lady why is your hair purple and annoying to look at? I forget the name of ace x wing guy cause he barely did anything here except explain the obvious at the end.

As a fan of sci fi I still enjoyed it, space ships and stuff is cool. Im not a ruined my childhood kind of guy but it definitely could have been better. Tbh for all the prequel's faults i would have preferered Lucas still making these. His still felt like Star Wars while these just seem like they're set in the universe or something and are kinda self aware of and mocking it. So far i like Rogue One the best for being wholly new and separate.

With all the hoo haa that's being going on the webs I am amazed that you missed spoilers for this long
    When Luke did the force projection thing, the first thing I noticed was his hair was not grey anymore so I figured something was up. Overall I think the movie is all over the place and easily the worst of all SW movies, I love Rebels and The Clone Wars and have read a number of the new canon novels. I actually liked how they explored different force abilities in TLJ, which movie only SW fans probably wouldn't like because the force is heavily explored in the Rebels and TCW.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

If anyone is on the fence about getting the bluray, I can heartily recommend it.

I skipped the TFA and Rogue One home releases due to a dearth of special features. I picked up TLJ on bluray on sale at Coles of all places - apparently I can't be trusted to do the weekly shopping on my own. It has a whole special features disc, including feature length documentary and a bunch of featurettes all introduced by Rian Johnson.

Regardless of whether you like the film or not it has to be said that this is the kind of thing home releases need to be doing to stand out in the digital age.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.