Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

It's wrestlers like Savage, DiBiase, Hennig, Rude etc that made matches against Hogan & Warrior watchable. Remember Wrestlemania 6 with Hogan & Warrior headlining, belt against belt? Now that was a world class display of technique & finesse

So now I am feeling nostalgic I want to watch WM3 - Savage vs Steamboat

So question for anyone ... What would be your dream match including era for each wrestler eg. Mine would be Savage (circa WM3) vs Michaels (circa WM 11)

I've always wanted to see an Undertaker (Ministry of Darkness) & Jake the Snake VS The Macho Man (Wrestlemania 5) & Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania 10) in a Tag Team match with Ted as guest ref. So much awesome, i'd be a drooling mess

mmm I only watched the attitude era and a little beyond that so...

Any match that consists of these wrestlers xD

Chris Jericho (Attitude era)
    Eddie Guerrero (WWE Champion reign)
    Chris Benoit (Any era)
    Dean Malenko (Revolution ERA)

actually maybe

Daniel Bryan (Now)

vs

Chris Benoit (Attitude Era)

Then

Triple Threat

Chris Jericho (Attitude era)
    HBK (attitude era)
    Sting (Wolfpack era)

and just for fun

Billy Gun (New Age Outlaws)
    Road Dogg (New Age Outlaws)

vs

Billy Kidman (Filthy Animals)
    Eddie Guerrero (Filthy Animals)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It's wrestlers like Savage, DiBiase, Hennig, Rude etc that made matches against Hogan & Warrior watchable. Remember Wrestlemania 6 with Hogan & Warrior headlining, belt against belt? Now that was a world class display of technique & finesse
    Ugh - I hated Warrior. I was giving him so much shit at WM and even more shit when I was watching him give his speech at Raw the next night. All I kept thinking in my head was "blah blah blah shut up and get out of the ring already."

My cousin and I couldn't believe when he died the next day. Kinda felt guilty after that...

As for my dream matches, I'm a huge Kurt Angle fan...

and i really don't see the big deal with Daniel Bryan.

So Angle vs. Bryan - so that Angle can make Bryan tap.

Warrior was crap. Hogan was crap. But they were & still are fan favourites. Why though is beyond me...

Warrior was crap. Hogan was crap. But they were & still are fan favourites. Why though is beyond me...
    couldn't the same be said for the Rock and John Cena? Though the rock isn't as bad but man did he stuff up some awesome moves (His sharpshooter lol and his crossface on benoit).

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    couldn't the same be said for the Rock and John Cena? Though the rock isn't as bad but man did he stuff up some awesome moves (His sharpshooter lol and his crossface on benoit).
    Ah, but you see, The Rock & Cena can get both feet off the ground regularly & cut promos that the average mortal can understand

Ah, but you see, The Rock & Cena can get both feet off the ground regularly & cut promos that the average mortal can understand
    get both feet off the ground regularly? you mean high risk manoeuvres? or jumping off the top of the turnbuckle?

Never liked Cena's promos...I remember he tried to mimick the rock during one of the promos that talked about the wwe legends...man that was hard to watch. Never liked Cena and his standing fireman's carry finisher...

Cena & Rock are no luchadores, but they're far more athletic than Hogan & Warrior. Sure, the rock has that silly 'people's elbow' but i'd much rather a rock/cena match than hogan/warrior. When Taker chokeslams either one it looks believable, whereas Hogan just falls backwards

The promos? Sure beats " raaaahhh rocket fuel blaaaahhh pilot nosedive raaaaahhhhh feel the power of the warrioooooooooooor!!!!!!!!! *snort*" or "brother brother prayers brother vitamins brother watchyagonnado brother!?!?!"