Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 2023

Default RIP 2023

A wrestler most people won't know of because he never worked for WWE or AEW passed away yesterday. Jay Briscoe was a full time chicken farmer and part time pro wrestler and was beloved by his colleages, friends, family and fans. He was killed in a fatal car crash that also could have easily claimed his kids in the back. He and his brother Mark are regarded as one of, if not the absolute best tag team of all time.

Rest in Piece good man.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

We seemed to be having a quiet year so far, in regards to famous people dying... and since I have just been a bit busy in the last couple of weeks, I hadn't really had the time to get around to starting up a new RIP topic.

Some of the ones so far this year that I recognised, or was significantly interesting to me:
    Lisa Marie Presley - daughter of Elvis Presley
    Fred White - drummer from the band Earth, Wind & Fire.
    Robby Knievel - son of Evel Knievel (both were stunt bike riders)
    David Crosby - American singer
    Earl Boen - mostly 1980s actor (also voiced a role in the 1987 GIJoe movie) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Boen
    Lucile Randon - was the current oldest person in the world since April 2022, dying at 118 years - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._oldest_people
    Cardinal George Pell
    Renee Geyer - Australian singer, had one hit in the 1980s.
    (coincidentally, both of those last two people were Australians who died from complications during hip surgery, about a week apart, in different countries)

The new wiki page that I will use for reference... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2023

I should have mentioned, Ken Block. I suggest checking out his amazing story, from a kid in Southern California to a cult icon of rally driving and the innovator of Gymkhana.

I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I should have mentioned, Ken Block. I suggest checking out his amazing story, from a kid in Southern California to a cult icon of rally driving and the innovator of Gymkhana.

Ken Blocks death really shocked him. I always loved his videos and usually drive Hoonigan cars in the Forza games. Apparently the March series in Forza Horizon 5 will be dedicated to him.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Rest in peace ken block

RIP Raquel Welch

Local TF artist Andrew Sorohan seems to have passed overnight
    https://twitter.com/damnyouwillis/st...54026514239586

This is terrible news. While he's not been active here for several years, he's been part of the online fandom longer than most of us and my sympathy to who know him well.

I met Andrew in person when he was in Sydney for Supanova. Very knowledgeable bloke to say the least and this news is sad to hear. Rest in peace.

VALE ANDREW SOROHAN

I had a better tribute written up, but this board is glitching and won't let me post it.