Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU @ SDCC

Default MOTU @ SDCC

Nothing new on the MOTUC figure front just yet, but we have a new line, a vehicle and some pics of She-Ra 2.0 to get started!

MOTU Mini figures

I know a man who's bound to be happy with the next photo!

Wind Raider

Vintage box for comparison

She-Ra 2.0 (original head shown here i think)

Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 22nd July 2011 at 09:42 PM.

WOOF! I am happy with a number of those photos

That She-Ra 2.0 looks pretty good as well. I wonder if they will apply that sort of design towards the He-Man figure in the future? Stinkor?

Jesus christ, so much WIN from SDCC. Thoughts of slowing down and ideas of how to wrangle a complete set of Voltron Classics past my wife just went out the window for me thanks to this lot!! Click to enlarge

Oct 2011 - Wind Raider ($40)

Oct 2011 - Icarius (Flipshot)

Nov 2011 - Snout Spout

Nov 2011 - Swiftwind

Nov 2011 - Expensive Month! - Battleground Evil Lyn

Nov 2011 - Good god man give my wallet a break! - Bubble Power She-Ra

Dec 2011 - Demo Man!!

Jan 2012 - Sorceress!!!

Jan 2012 - Star Sisters 3 pack ($60)

Feb 2012 - Fisto

Mar 2012 - Thunder Punch He-Man

Mar 2012 - Kobra Kahn

Subscription bonus figure - Shadow Weaver

Plus, 30th anniversary line of all new figs - 6 figures bi-monthly: Fearless Photog, Horsemen Original Draego Man, a Fan-made one for Dec (decided by US fans only though) and 3 others.

Jan 2012 - Fearless Photog

Mar 2012 - Draego Man

Plus other tidbits:
    SDCC Mattypalooza vote on Granymir, red or green colour
    Filmation rights: get!
    Mekanek and Ram Man have no firm month
    Minicomics return - from Dark Horse.. with the quarterly variants starting with Thunder Punch He-Man, stories by Toyguru..... hmm

Some more pics and the full conference at Toyark

Some of these announcements weren't what i would say i was hoping for, but they look awesome, so i'm excited.
    Only the Star Sisters and maybe Snout Spout, Thunder Punch He-Man are possible skips right now, and that's mostly because there'll be too much to buy per month as it is!
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 23rd July 2011 at 06:22 AM.

Amazing! That showing has sure rejuvenated my enthusiasm for MOTUC. Just about all those figures are pure win!

I am also very happy that they are not '1:1 vintage accurate' head sculpts. I was really afraid for Kobrah Khan as he also had a goofy vintage face but the MOTUC toy shown looks ridiculously awesome.

I was also afraid for Snoutspout but they appear to have modernized him enough to look appropriate and not as goofy like the vintage toy but I do need better pics to confirm.

Win all around.

On the down side:

I really hope they change their minds on Shadow Weaver, as excited as I am for this figure, I will not be taking a subscription just for it.

In regards to the Mini-Comics: Awesome idea but given Toyguru's 'fan fiction' they are likely to suck.

Whats the deal with the subscription stuff? I would reallt like that Shadow weaver as well, but a lot of the other figures aren't so important for me.

That new Evil Lyn is so awesome! Bubble Power She-Ra - Eh?

No Stinkor...

And these min-comics, are they going to be included with the figure or seperate? I miss lame ass comics in toys. Although now that I think of it, the ones in Heman weren't too bad.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Been reading and looking at pics all morning! I'm really loving all this MOTUC stuff - pretty much everything will be bought, except for the She-Ra figures, which don't interest me.

The comics idea is... um, not what I expected! Since when is TG a writer?

And what's this new "deal" (between Mattel and Filmation) that everyone keeps mentioning? I can't find any solid info anywhere...

For those that haven't found them, toyark has more pics now - Swiftwind + Everything Else

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am also very happy that they are not '1:1 vintage accurate' head sculpts. I was really afraid for Kobrah Khan as he also had a goofy vintage face but the MOTUC toy shown looks ridiculously awesome.

I was also afraid for Snoutspout but they appear to have modernized him enough to look appropriate and not as goofy like the vintage toy but I do need better pics to confirm.
    Kobra Kahn is a massive improvement! But, Snout Spout to me looks almost identical to the vintage - just a few more details and refined proportions. I think it was mostly the body of the original one making it goofy looking? The angled eyebrows on the new version also make him look less dopey. Here's a comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Whats the deal with the subscription stuff? I would reallt like that Shadow weaver as well, but a lot of the other figures aren't so important for me.
    Subscribing ensures you get all the subscription figures for the year (which is just a subset of all the figures that'll be released), as well as the bonus figure and other small things like sticker sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    And these min-comics, are they going to be included with the figure or seperate?
    Apparantly they're gonna be included with quarterly variant figures (like Battle Armor etc) so one every 3 months starting with Thunder Punch He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Minicomics return - from Dark Horse.. with the quarterly variants starting with Thunder Punch He-Man, stories by Toyguru..... hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    In regards to the Mini-Comics: Awesome idea but given Toyguru's 'fan fiction' they are likely to suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    The comics idea is... um, not what I expected! Since when is TG a writer?
    I would feel the exact same way, but Toyguru's not actually writing the comics, Tim Seeley is. Toyguru is an illiterate moron. Tim Seeley is the experienced toy-property writer of G.I. Joe and Joe/T.F. Comics and genius behind Colt Noble And The Megalords. He knows MOTU well and should be able to make a good script from whatever ToyGonad throws at him.

Sorry bout the confusion, i guess i'll blame staying up till 5am to watch the announcements last night!

Here's the pic with all comic credits

Having Toyguru's name credited for the story still feels me with a lot of doubt even if Seeley is actually doing the script.

Toyguru has proven to be a 'his way or the highway' sort of guy so I seriously doubt Tim Seeley to have much freedom to write specially when dealing with Toyguru's already F'up 'universe'.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Kobra Kahn is a massive improvement! But, Snout Spout to me looks almost identical to the vintage - just a few more details and refined proportions. I think it was mostly the body of the original one making it goofy looking? The angled eyebrows on the new version also make him look less dopey. Here's a comparison
    I agree, he is very toy accurate but much of the goofiness is now gone due to those subtle changes you mentioned including a more proportionate head to body ratio. Those subtle things do make a big difference and the figure does look much better.

But why does he have clamp Champ's weapon?