Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon US items (available to us)

Eeeeeek. Those shipping costs for 4 of those Botshots are horrendous!

I don't understand how it is giving up those huge costs for other people.

I placed an order last weekend for all of these items...
    1 "Transformers Rescue Bots Boulder The Constructionbot" $14.99
    1 "Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Dragon Track Set"$21.99
    1 "Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Autobot Air Force Pack"$21.99
    1 "Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Decepticon Fire Assault Team Pack"$21.99
    1 "Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game - Cliffjumper, Brawl, Breakdown (3-Pack)"$14.99
    1 "Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game - Stunticons Pack"$21.99
    Total cost of the items - AUD$117.95

And the total shipping was only AUD$32.99

I've seen how big the Dragon set and 5-packs are, so this will be a fairly big box. I don't think I've ever had a problem with shipping before, so I'm not sure why other people are getting such big amounts quoted. Maybe single items are charged heaps, and the more you add, the cheaper it gets per item.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe single items are charged heaps, and the more you add, the cheaper it gets per item.
    Nope, just added a Deluxe Smokescreen to a cart that had 14 other items and the price for postage jumped from $60 to $95.
    Removed Smokescreen and added Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee to the same cart and it only added $5.
    Then I tried adding 3 Smokescreens and postage jumped up to a whopping $170.

For teh lulz I then put 10 Smokescreens into an empty cart and it says postage is $358.35 for them.
    So yeah, I'm not sure who is in charge of setting the postage prices on things at Amazon but they sure have some wacky ideas about the costs to post certain items...

Perhaps if you add more than 1 of the same item, it charges more.....to prevent scalping.

Ended up buying the Botshots I wanted (ice, fire, airforce, and the other 5 packs)

doubt it. why would they care about scalping? the shipping rates must be a mistake as why would 2 items of similar size in the same category be so extremely different in shipping? to the extent that in the case of BH Smokescreen the shipping is almost twice his cost price.

Remember Griffin's instruction

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Also, make sure on the individual items page, it says near the top that they are "ships from and sold by Amazon.com", or else you will get an error.
    You might not get an error, you might instead get very high postage amounts.

I can't see any Smokescreen's on Amazon sold by Amazon. All the buying choices are just "fulfillment by Amazon". Once other dealers are just using Amazon to sell their stuff, they can charge whatever shipping amount they want.

Well I was going to mention that it was the Beast Hunters Smokescreen that was listed amongst the ones sold and shipped by Amazon that are AmazonGlobal Eligible but it's mysteriously disappeared from that list

I tried the BH Smokescreen (from the link above) and there were still 16 in stock (from Amazon)... but a single one showed up as having $43 shipping. Damn, I've never had that happen before. Lucky I already have that one from a HK source.

Looks like Amazon just got in new Kreo stock, including a re-supply of the Combiners.
    (get 'em before the Americas do)

Predaking $11
    Bruticus $11
    Devastator $11
    Superion $11

5-pack Kreons (set 1 - Optimus, Megatron, Sentinel, Soundwave, Starscream) $7
    5-pack Kreons (set 2 - Bumblebee, Red Alert, Mirage, Jazz, Skywarp) $7

3-pack of Series 1 Autobots (Optimus, Bumblebee, Jazz + Kreons Bluestreak & Sideswipe) $12 (279 pieces)
    2-pack of race cars + 2 drivers (Amazon lists it as Transformers, but it isn't) $12 (275 pieces)

Also, it is worth noting that Amazon has a live-chat feature for queries, so I tried it out to ask about Trailcutter's $42 shipping quote (compared to other Cmdrs at about $4). The lady said that she'd pass it on to their Technical people, and to email through any others that we come across to query (go to their contact page - but you need to sign into your account).
    I wasn't able to ask about Smokescreen, as it was out of stock again tonight. If it does come back, and is about $40 still, just send it to them (by email) with examples of similar sized toys that have much cheaper shipping.

Also found some bedding too... but it's just movie Optimus and Bumblebees.

Comforter (blanket/doona I think) $35 (down from $60)
    Blanket $30 (down from $52)
    Bed set (flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillowcase) $30