Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 172732333435363738394041424757 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

For those who missed out on seeing the 2009 sets here it is under a different format:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dPXxr7_70

Those City Construction vehicles!!!

The thing I'm upset with 2009 are those power miner things! Why oh why did they replace Exo-Force with that crud?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Well, I still want to see clearer pictures before judging it, but they certainly are looking mighty horrible. As far as I can see it's a horrible mixture of technic, system and bionicle with the dayglo green and neon orange colour set. Ugh.

Hopefully Agents get more sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Well, I still want to see clearer pictures before judging it, but they certainly are looking mighty horrible. As far as I can see it's a horrible mixture of technic, system and bionicle with the dayglo green and neon orange colour set. Ugh.

Hopefully Agents get more sets.
    +1 on the Agents even though I don't even have a single set of that yet. Just no money.

The only good about Power Miners I can possibly think of is building Constructicons. But other than that, I don't think I'll even touch them.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I've seen them at K-Marts.
    Really! I have to keep my eyes open then.

So whats the overall consensus on the Agents sets?

Personally I really like the look of most of the sets, but are these sets going to keep the kiddies interested? I'm looking at the getting some of the smaller sets for cousins for upcoming birthdays (and of course Christmas). They have Bionicles and exo force figures already, do you guys think these agent sets are in the same league or will they be a bit of a disappointment to 7-12 year olds?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    So whats the overall consensus on the Agents sets?

Personally I really like the look of most of the sets, but are these sets going to keep the kiddies interested? I'm looking at the getting some of the smaller sets for cousins for upcoming birthdays (and of course Christmas). They have Bionicles and exo force figures already, do you guys think these agent sets are in the same league or will they be a bit of a disappointment to 7-12 year olds?
    I don't know about the Mission sets. They have their pro's and cons. The only reason I would get some is for one or 2 reasons. The sets, to me, as a whole don't really do much for me. It is just bits here and there. Like the boat for example looks nice. But it is just the giant sharks with lazers I want.
    I'm not to sure hoe the kids will deal with them. They are loaded with gimmicks. They could do alright.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I'm not to sure hoe the kids will deal with them. They are loaded with gimmicks. They could do alright.
    Thats kinda what I wanted to hear. The more decent gimmicks a lego set has, the longer it will be played with! Thats why I always get the relatives in the 6-12 age group lego like Bionicles, they are very playable.

I too want the Sharks with laserbeams, so Austin Powers!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

I got pointed to a funny lego animation on you tube by a friend. 'Death Star Canteen'. Its a skit from a british comedian called Eddie Izzard. Its quite dry british humour but very funny. WARNING: LANGUAGE has a few F words in it.

Hope you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Thats why I always get the relatives in the 6-12 age group lego like Bionicles, they are very playable.
    They are playable, but they have something else going for it. There is a huge story behind it. They tried the same thing with Exo-Force, but with the Bionicle story is just the other media behind it. There are Comics, Movies, Online serials (there are 3 going right now, plus a radio serial). There are heaps. And that seems to get the kids because they can get into the characters and everything
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|