Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

awesome 20% off at Kmart thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Don't hold your tongue while you say that!!

I saw that Darth Vader TIE Advanced over the weekend too. I noticed it because a lady was carrying two of it and went to have a look in the Lego aisle. I like the TIE vehicles (thanks to days of playing TIE Fighter) but still can't bring myself to buy a Lego set just yet.

I did see it also at Toyworld where it was $46 (so cheaper than K-Mart outside of the regular K-Mart sales).
    I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow. Looks very nice
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I have the tie fighter it is awesome, so worth getting

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    guys..KMART catalogue has 20% off legos starting THURS...
    I was going to confirm this but wanted to makes sure I was right first since I'd already thrown out my catalogue on trash night but the sale is actually 15% only. Saw it today when I dropped by K-Mart to grab my weekly dosage of Thins, Pringles, Skittles and Gobstoppers. The 20% is for other items like Bob the Builder and Dora.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I confirm that I got some today 15 %.... better than retail

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    This is for all Melbournites here who are also Lego Fans

I just learned of this today.. not sure if anyone has already posted this

Lego Convention on Australia long weekend - apparently its a yearly event now
    official website below for details. Darn why cant they hold one in Sydney as well....
    http://www.brickventures.com/
    I knew I read something about the Brickvention public expo.
    Probably, I could spend a short visit tomorrow..
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Does anyone know why Lego Batman sets are so extortionately priced??? Looking at the price of sets on ebay and bricklink, set 7884 (Batman's Buggy: Escape of Mr Freeze) goes for $50 and upwards - why??? Its the smallest set in the range and was released just last year!! Then there's the Batmobile (no cheaper than $150 US), the Batcave for $200 and up and so on. Are they rare or is demand just significantly higher than supply?
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    demand just significantly higher than supply
    I think that is why
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Does anyone know why Lego Batman sets are so extortionately priced??? Looking at the price of sets on ebay and bricklink, set 7884 (Batman's Buggy: Escape of Mr Freeze) goes for $50 and upwards - why??? Its the smallest set in the range and was released just last year!! Then there's the Batmobile (no cheaper than $150 US), the Batcave for $200 and up and so on. Are they rare or is demand just significantly higher than supply?
    I believe coz the line will be cancelled. Prolly and this is just a hunch, Lego has to share the profit for the line with the co-owners as Batman is TM under DC, so they have to pay royalties and all, as well as paying royalties to Bob Kane ( creator) and prolly if WB has a say in it, mebbe a cut as well.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Batman sets have a lot of unique and customised pieces which I would say are highly coveted since it looks like they didn't have huge production runs of batman sets.

You reckon this is extortionate, you should check out harry potter lego