Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What last-minute tax-free foreign purchases have you made?

Not an official TF but finally pulled the trigger on the 3rd party Leonidas Origins (not Lio Convoy) from eBay.

Also quickly shipped everything in my HLJ private warehouse earlier this week. Some large items in there from their sale right now but mostly being:

1/9 scale Hulkbuster action vignette
    1/9 scale Iron Man Igor action vignette

Came in a massive box yesterday! Amazingly fast delivery as usual.

POTP Blast Off & POTP Wreck-Gar, both from Robot Kingdom. Wasn't gonna miss out on Blast Off

Not really TF related but I picked up trackhat and a fairly decent HOTAS set for my flight sim rig. Just returned from a shopping trip in Japan so nothing much from there.

ohmyprimus just got POTP Predaking in stock... so with about 2 hours to spare, another last minute tax-free purchase.
    It ended up being AU$280 with shipping, and if we get it here, I would expect $300-350, as Trypticon was $298 at BigW (on sale for $248), which means at least that for Predaking.
    It was worth the risk, as we don't even know if any retailer here (other than ToysRUs who will no longer be stocking it) ended up wanting Predaking... so if we do get it here, at some point it might be on sale for less than what I just paid, but that could be some months away and at least I know I got one, and probably have it in hand within 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    we don't even know if any retailer here (other than ToysRUs who will no longer be stocking it) ended up wanting Predaking... so if we do get it here, at some point it might be on sale for less than what I just paid, but that could be some months away and at least I know I got one, and probably have it in hand within 2 weeks.
    Apparently Target in the US will be getting Predaking so hopefully that ends up happening here too

Galvatran Guest

Hope Myer gets PotP Predaking... then pick one up at clearance... in a minty box.

ohmyprimus just got POTP Predaking in stock... so with about 2 hours to spare, another last minute tax-free purchase.
    It ended up being AU$280 with shipping, and if we get it here, I would expect $300-350, as Trypticon was $298 at BigW (on sale for $248), which means at least that for Predaking.
    It was worth the risk, as we don't even know if any retailer here (other than ToysRUs who will no longer be stocking it) ended up wanting Predaking... so if we do get it here, at some point it might be on sale for less than what I just paid, but that could be some months away and at least I know I got one, and probably have it in hand within 2 weeks.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I've grabbed the set! I do agree about the risk, too.

Between Predaking & MP Dirge, this has been an expensive deadline.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

During this years toy sale BigW has Trypticon for $200.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Caution, meet the wind. I just bit the bullet on MP Dirge from BBTS. I figured it's now or never.

With my (1 item - Wave 3 POTP Scouts) pile of loot chucked in the parcel.
    An MP Dirge for me too, also from BBTS - although I piggy-backed another members POL.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I went a bit nuts, you might recall me asking about volumes of trade paperbacks, a while ago.
    I figured out that in order to catch up and also pre-order the next several months worth of IDW transformers trades, I could save over $300 shopping through the book depository than locally. I saved another $50 by buying prior to the GST coming in.

I also bought the latest Stan Bush album that was released last year, I added a couple others from his back catalogue at the same time.

I ordered some patent prints from eBay as well, a couple for me and some for my dads birthday.

I think that's about it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)