View Poll Results: BH Cmdr Hardshell - worth buying?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Not worth it

1 10.00%
  • I'm not even interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Beast Hunters Cmdr Hardshell

Default Toy Review - Beast Hunters Cmdr Hardshell

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to get you started)

Series - Transformers Prime
    Sub-line - Beast Hunters - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Commander
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here - not yet (released globally March 2013)
    Approximate Retail Price - $15-20
    Approximate Size - 10cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - (?) Beetle
    Main Features/Gimmicks - none
    Main Colours - olive green, yellow, mid grey, light grey
    Main Accessories - missile launcher, missile

Exclamation TF BH Hardshell

Received this TF today from HK and not a bad little commander, looks great in robot mode with a few good aspects with this toy. Firstly love the colors of this BH with the green and yellow as it makes the facial features stand out, especially the silver and red cycloptic eye. fairly easy to switch into Alt mode as long as you browse over the instructions first, but as soon as you have the hang of twisting the waist to finally get it into Alt mode it is pretty cool.
    A few of the cons with this BH is the kibble that they have added to it which is kind of a nuisance, first the hips on him have not a lot of articulation which hinders him from having a range of leg movement with stances, the hip has a plate attached to it which makes up part of the Alt mode for the rear of the insect but in robot mode it clashes with the waist and although you have good range with the leg moving backwards the forward motion can't be achieved due to the plate on the hip. Another con with him is that the kibble with the insect legs hanging from the back of him in robot mode as they interfere with the arm movements to the side and rear.
    Alt mode looks amazing with the engineering on how this guy goes together with every part of him utilised to make him look like a insect, only thing I'm worried about is the fact that the mouth on him can open up pretty wide but due to the shortness of the legs it really doesn't work, this is a great little toy overall and worth buying IMO, also one other little intruiging aspect of this TF is that he is stamped with the deception legion instead of the BH legion, so I think this is paying a little G1 homage to his predecessors.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

It is good isn't it. I just wish it was a deluxe size.

Love this guy

Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

I went all over Melbourne when visiting there and didn't see one. Driving home last night I found one in a Safeways in Kerang (Pop 3000) so goes to show

Nice little figure, good colour scheme and alt mode. Shame it is not Deluxe class as I'm not a fan of the Commander class (think it is too overpriced), but on the other hand it makes him perfect to pose next to Legion class figures - he looks huge and intimidating like the cartoon , especially with his neck craned forward like that, possibly best neck I've seen on a TF
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 2nd October 2013 at 09:11 AM.