Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OTCA Stop Motion Project?

While I have little experience, I would be interested in doing some voice work.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Great, got the original soundtrack today, which means I don't need to rely on my lowsy memory and crappy old monotone keyboard to crack the job. I'm now confident to say I'll do the music -- that is, the formation of the feature length music flow. We still need a technical guru to merge the files of the music fragments with the video clips.

If I can find out which is the best software to use, giving that the adding of music is normally one of the last steps of a movie production, it might still give me enough time to learn the software. Or if we already have someone experienced in this kind of work then that's a quick (and probably better) fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    If I can find out which is the best software to use, giving that the adding of music is normally one of the last steps of a movie production, it might still give me enough time to learn the software.
    Problem solved. The answer is Vegas Pro 10.0. Apparently easy to learn according to a close friend who is a video guru. So I'll do the soundtrack.

Now...let's get back to the plot. Kaon - Uluru - mad Megatron - Bruticus - Outback - possible nuclear energon - Beast Wars...quite a vision there...

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Central Plot/Theme: Something to do with Australia (as it is OTCA)? Energon hidden in Uluru ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Energon hidden in Uluru... it could work,
    so, since this is Ozformers we'd probably be wise to include Outback as one of the characters
    Might also want to consider that Uranium mine hidden in Kakadu NP? That would be a burst of energon there and you could easily get a big herd of salties into fighting the dinobots.
    I am very much in favour of these ideas!

Sound Organiser:
    Haphazard?
    I could try. Dunno how well I'd do, 'cos I've never done something like this before... I've always been more on the props/building/creating side of things, but hey, it sounds fun! Maybe we could even get an original soundtrack going? EDIT: If there's already plans for a soundtrack, I think I may have missed that bit. >_>

But yes, put me down for backgrounds and such too. If you can organise a place to keep it/film it, I could build a mini set of some sort. Dunno how many sets/scenes I could make, but I'm sure I could make something spiffy with a low budget. That is, if we're going to go into that much detail... I've also had a little experience in stop motion before, if that helps anyone.

Would like to help out on this; sounds fascinating (daunting too seeing all those involved so far are higher ranked)
    Rank shouldn't discourage you! We were all noobs once.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

But yes, put me down for backgrounds and such too. If you can organise a place to keep it/film it, I could build a mini set of some sort. Dunno how many sets/scenes I could make, but I'm sure I could make something spiffy with a low budget. That is, if we're going to go into that much detail... I've also had a little experience in stop motion before, if that helps anyone.

Rank shouldn't discourage you! We were all noobs once.
    You could build a set based on storyboards Hap, then others including myself could take photos of our toys in front of a green-screen and add them onto shots of your backgrounds. It takes extra effort by editing light sources but it if done well it can really work.

You could build a set based on storyboards Hap, then others including myself could take photos of our toys in front of a green-screen and add them onto shots of your backgrounds. It takes extra effort by editing light sources but it if done well it can really work.
    I had a bit of a hurrrr moment there. Being in Adelaide, not everyone could participate in the actual animation. I just figured if we built a mini set and placed the figures on it and used the lighting, then we'd only need one shot for a complete frame of animation, and everything would be tied in nicely and nothing would look too out of place. Though, if we're using green screen, cameras, angles, lighting and such will be problematic. Also, colour matching. If someone took their shots under fluroscent lighting and someone else under those funny 'daylight' globes, or even a tungsten or something then we'd have a lot of photoshop work cut out... Especially if there is any interaction between characters and the background...

EDIT: That being said, photoshop is right up my ally, and if we're just doing backgrounds, and working with a green screen, then the backgrounds could be photoshopped just as easily and then final screens and such layered over the top to tie everything in lighting and colour-wise....

That's great.
    If in Mel, movie style, I can provide my painted movie TFs.

I've got a main plot formed today. It pretty much weaves in everything we have come up with so far: Uluru, uranium mine in Kakadu, and Kup's Kaon story, all are one. I don't know where to put in Bruticus yet (because I don't know anything about him) but it's just a main plot with all its details open to discussion. so I'm sure Hursti will find it easy to put him in somewhere down the way.

Another problem is I've no idea if my plot will accommodate to Skywarp91's Mad Megatron plot. We've got no intel on that plot so far. But again, it's always easy to change the main plot at an early stage; and if I'm unable to do it, surely there will be someone else. We'll see.

I don't know if Skywarp91 intends to make this a Xmas or NY's club surprise gift for all the members or what. If we are going to keep the menu a last moment secret, do you want me to PM my plot to everyone involved so far?

Or do you prefer me to just post it here?

Hi there, I've been pretty busy to start up my 'Mad Megatron' plot but this project is really in the hands of the community - I think for everyone's small stories to work in conjunction with the overarching main plot is for writers and alike to reserve the fate of certain characters (this might be a thing to PM others involved about as opposed to posting who should live on die on this thread)

I'm sure you can post the plot here Arcee so long you don't give too many spoilers away, no-one will try to steal it and if so the date and time of the post should be good enough to prove that the idea was made here first.

By the way, what was the expected running time for this project? I was thinking maybe 30 minutes minimum to 1 hour max?

EDIT: I'm interested to see what story you have Arcee that links these other stories together. The vision I had was that there would be small connections made between each mini-story, like for example in Kup's story about Perceptor's team on Kaon the main characters obviously include Perceptor and etc. but in another story like the Power Core Combiner vs Bruticus Max battle (somewhere in Australia?) Perceptor makes a brief/cameo appearance. That way I think it's an interesting way to see our beloved TF characters in many different situations as imagined by many different point of views.

Hi there, I've been pretty busy to start up my 'Mad Megatron' plot but this project is really in the hands of the community - I think for everyone's small stories to work in conjunction with the overarching main plot is for writers and alike to reserve the fate of certain characters (this might be a thing to PM others involved about as opposed to posting who should live on die on this thread)

I'm sure you can post the plot here Arcee so long you don't give too many spoilers away, no-one will try to steal it and if so the date and time of the post should be good enough to prove that the idea was made here first.

By the way, what was the expected running time for this project? I was thinking maybe 30 minutes minimum to 1 hour max?
    It really depends on how many "action" shots we want to come up with and how much depth we want to go into -- I would say if you want a full feature length script there for Paramount you have one; but it would be no difficulty to compress it into one hour (seeing we are making scenes with static models only, too much dialogue might crush the audience and too much action might crush us).

It is a difficult job to post the plot here without any spoilers...let me do some cover up first and will post it very soon.