Page 455 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 435445450451452453454455456457458459460465475 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Does anyone know of a website that has information on the exact height of transformer toys?

I'm drawing up the plans for new shelving for my tf and as space is a issue I'm trying to get it as exact as I can. My collection is boxed away and it'll take ages to sort through them to get the measurments so I'm hoping to avoid that if I can
    Off the top of my head, no.

but a design consideration you might want to include would be how close you want your figures to be to the ceiling height of each shelf. and how close the shelves are together.

if you have wooden shelves and only have a 1cm clearance above your figures on every shelf, for the lower and higher shelves you're only really going to be able to clearly see the figures at te front at all. and it will be quite dark towards the back.

If you can afford it in your budget, i'd recommend at least some glass shelves, they let in more light.

If you can also afford to get those evenly spread 5mm holes included in the design, you'll be able to roughly customise your shelf heights for different series or sizes of figures however you feel at the time. unless you have good template hardware I would strongly recommend against manufacturing this design yourself though as a single unevenly spaced hole will render that shelf space unuseable.

Hope there's a little food for thought there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Does anyone know of a website that has information on the exact height of transformer toys?

I'm drawing up the plans for new shelving for my tf and as space is a issue I'm trying to get it as exact as I can. My collection is boxed away and it'll take ages to sort through them to get the measurments so I'm hoping to avoid that if I can
    Dave Van Domelen gives dimensions in his reviews. He's reviewed most Transformers since he started in the Beast Wars era. It might be of some help?

I haven't been on that page in ages, I used to read his reviews all the time

cliffbee.com's reviews also gives sizes of toys too.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Off the top of my head, no.

but a design consideration you might want to include would be how close you want your figures to be to the ceiling height of each shelf. and how close the shelves are together.

if you have wooden shelves and only have a 1cm clearance above your figures on every shelf, for the lower and higher shelves you're only really going to be able to clearly see the figures at te front at all. and it will be quite dark towards the back.

If you can afford it in your budget, i'd recommend at least some glass shelves, they let in more light.

If you can also afford to get those evenly spread 5mm holes included in the design, you'll be able to roughly customise your shelf heights for different series or sizes of figures however you feel at the time. unless you have good template hardware I would strongly recommend against manufacturing this design yourself though as a single unevenly spaced hole will render that shelf space unuseable.

Hope there's a little food for thought there.
    Height is the real limitation I have and if I can fit everything I want in and only have a clearance of 1cm then I can live with that. What I lack in height I can make up in width.

I don't like glass furniture and have had some really bad experiences with it and avoid it whenever I can.

I've already considered the adjustable shelf option and decided against because what I'm building now will have a fixed display of beast era, unicron trilogy, rid, animated, universe, alternators and the movie trilogy so I wont need to have adjustable shelving.

thanks for the advise

I checked out that link paulbot and it seems to have almost everything I want, thanks.

Gok I'll check out cliffbee.com's and see if they have what the other site is missing.

Thanks everyone
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    cliffbee.com's reviews also gives sizes of toys too.
    That guy (I hear he's pretty good looking ) doesn't update his site that often anymore.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Height is the real limitation I have and if I can fit everything I want in and only have a clearance of 1cm then I can live with that. What I lack in height I can make up in width.

I don't like glass furniture and have had some really bad experiences with it and avoid it whenever I can.

I've already considered the adjustable shelf option and decided against because what I'm building now will have a fixed display of beast era, unicron trilogy, rid, animated, universe, alternators and the movie trilogy so I wont need to have adjustable shelving.

thanks for the advise

I checked out that link paulbot and it seems to have almost everything I want, thanks.

Gok I'll check out cliffbee.com's and see if they have what the other site is missing.

Thanks everyone
    sounds like it's going to be epic once it's done, you'll definitely have to take pictures to show it all off.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

What I lack in height I can make up in width.

*Tee-Hee*

Default Transformers Prime

Has anyone had any luck with the Energon Weapon Glow for Voyager Megatron or Voyage Prime in the TF:Prime line?

I don't know if my megatron cannon is broken, or just poorly designed. But the cannon doesn't glow, only the blade, and doesn't really light up. its just a little red led, but it doesn't shine through the light-pipe. Anyone had better success?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Cannon doesn't light up, only the blade (and even then, only kinda... the G2 Laser Rod gimmick worked better). The cannon can illuminate the opaque purple parts of Megatron's torso when attached to his back