Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Generations Trypticon toy fully revealed

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well it's been announced that he will be 20 inches tall, which makes him the biggest Con ever, though sadly a good 4 inches shorter than Metro and Max
    That is the biggest con ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    That is the biggest con ever.
    Boom Tish!

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It would be interesting to weigh them. Theropods aren't inherently tall.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Perhaps this was deliberately done for G1 accuracy.
    Originally the CHUG line was about modernizing G1 designs, but it seems to have gotten more and more slavish to the originals.

This trend makes me question whether to continue with my CHUG collections sometimes, as if it's going full G1 then it's sort of fulfilling a similar role to the MP line, and the MP toys are so much cooler.

That's a good point. I guess in one way CHUG has become giving old fogies new articulation. A cheaper alternative to master pieces. Plus we not likely to get a maater piece trigger happy.

They are very different from the original classics design aren't they?

Also i think we're unlikely to get an mp Trypticon.

Back on topic of tryppy, i wonder if he'll with and feel about the same as metro? I'm fine with him being a bit shorter as long as he has about equal bulk and feel

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well it's been announced that he will be 20 inches tall, which makes him the biggest Con ever, though sadly a good 4 inches shorter than Metro and Max
    Wait...

<Googles>

Okay, Google is telling me that 20 inches = 50.8cm (let's round it up to 51cm). That's only 7cm shorter than Generations Metroplex. So Trypticon would be about 1 Cyberverse Legion Class figure shorter than Metroplex. Another thing to consider is that Trypticon doesn't stand with a fully erect gait. He leans forward at about 20° which would naturally stoop his head height below that of Metroplex. So while Trypticon may be shorter he may not necessarily be smaller. There also appears to be more bulk in Trypticons' body whereas Metroplex is a fairly lanky figure. This is why I still consider G1 Fortress Maximus to be the biggest Transformer ever made in terms of mass rather than just height. TR Fort Max may be a bit taller, but lifting G1 Fort Max is gonna give your arms more of a work out! I'd be curious to see what Trypticon's body length and weight are.

larger→←taller

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Drop them in a bucket of water and see who displaces the most.

A photo of the actual box for Trypticon... looks like it might have been shown off at one of the recent Asian promotional events... or leaked from one of the Hasbro offices.