Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

Congrats man. I was recently told I'd be getting two of TF holy grails as gifts recently so I KNOW how great a feeling it is.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Considering you only have 7 JP wants in your siggie... it'll be more interesting to see which one has been missed.
    That's a good point, but with HD and E on the hunt it'll only be a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    Congrats man. I was recently told I'd be getting two of TF holy grails as gifts recently so I KNOW how great a feeling it is.
    So which ones did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Considering you only have 7 JP wants in your siggie... it'll be more interesting to see which one has been missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That's a good point, but with HD and E on the hunt it'll only be a matter of time.
    Interesting point you brought up griffin... heh.

Doing a preliminary unveiling in the next post (not part of the 6, but their interrelated, of sorts).

Today, I went and picked up the final piece of the 6 from the shops (and picked up something for valkyrie_76 too).

I'm showing 2 pieces which I bought recently for E, which are very special to her.

These 2 are not part of the 6, so its a 'preliminary unveiling' of sorts... (sorry if its not the most interesting or rare of pieces... but they do hold a dear place in my and E's heart).

17 - Soundwave w/ Rumble MIB

Strangely, this one comes with a upside down rub-sign, but a pre-rub Rumble

D-101: Soundblaster MIB

The real deal, this is, hahaha

Together

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I'd say it's not the original contents. So few MIB pieces actually are. Regardless, that's another fine specimen HD
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'd say it's not the original contents. So few MIB pieces actually are. Regardless, that's another fine specimen HD
    No idea about the rubsign but the first 'run' of Takara Soundwaves have the tape mechanism on the outside, the second 'run' is like the US ones (as per the one in the pic).

So which ones did you get?
    Soundblaster (which you just showed off ) and Deathsaurus. Both are out of box but complete. Wedding gifts.
    Another wedding gift is Victory Sabre (that's 1 robot right? ) but he isn't quite holy grail level...
    Just need Grand Max and all my dreams have come through...

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    No idea about the rubsign but the first 'run' of Takara Soundwaves have the tape mechanism on the outside, the second 'run' is like the US ones (as per the one in the pic).
    Hmm...gotta admit that caught me off guard. I wasn't aware that first run soundwaves had different moldings. Can you guys elaborate more? What about rumble?

For this piece, I was sold the moment I saw the beautiful box and contents...

Soundblaster (which you just showed off ) and Deathsaurus. Both are out of box but complete. Wedding gifts.
    Another wedding gift is Victory Sabre (that's 1 robot right? ) but he isn't quite holy grail level...
    congrats man, very nice wedding gifts if you ask me. They frm your wife to be?

Grand max is challenging nowadays, my usual shop here sold one MISB, c9+ boxed one for HKD$30,000 just yesterday...

Today, I went and picked up the final piece of the 6 from the shops (and picked up something for valkyrie_76 too).

I'm showing 2 pieces which I bought recently for E, which are very special to her.

These 2 are not part of the 6, so its a 'preliminary unveiling' of sorts... (sorry if its not the most interesting or rare of pieces... but they do hold a dear place in my and E's heart).

17 - Soundwave w/ Rumble MIB

*snip*

*snip*

D-101: Soundblaster MIB

*snip*

The real deal, this is, hahaha

*snip*

Together

*snip*

Yep... There goes another keyboard.

E is a very lucky woman and the both of you are very lucky to have such incredibly awesome Gems!

For one, the Box-art is in thoroughly pristine condition and reflects the stunning efforts that Hasbro and Takara put into it's packaging some 25+ years ago.
    The boxes look to be in splendid condition too as it's great to see that the Techspecs and Robot Points are present but also that there is very minimal to no warping at all and that the plastic of the window hasn't lifted away from the cardboard.

Those foam inserts are in delicious condition too as it looks like there are no scratches, dings, dints, slices or chunks taken out of them, which adds to the truly factory fresh appearance of both packages in their entirety.
    It's truly inspiring to see both Soundwave and Soundblaster displayed like that in their foam inserts as I've often wondered what their layout was like and I must say that it looks really cool to see Soundwave complete with all of his intended accessories; Weapon/Batteries, Microphone and Headphones.
    As superfluous as they may of been to a Western Market with regards to his Robot Mode - I believe they go quite a long way in creating the proper look, feel and presence that was intended for his Alt mode, as it clearly succeeds in deceiving Spike Witwicky on a number of occasions.

The bots themselves look jaw-droppingly gorgeous, save for an odd faction sticker placement , with both Rumble and Buzzsaw having yummy chrome and sticker conditions but Soundwave and Soundblaster is where all the fun is!
    I'd also like to mention how incredibly alike the pair are when looking at them face-on, apart from the colour of the plastics being different, initial glances would suggest that they are exactly the same but upon closer inspection, the subtle differences are more apparent; such as the solidly-molded buttons on Soundblaster and the modified, dual storage tape deck he also has.

It's interesting to see this pair not following the usual trend of having the Battery stickers placed on the legs too, which I know is not where they're supposed to go, and whilst it's unfortunate that a single missile has been clipped from Soundblaster's sprue, I think you've found a highly, highly desirable pair of MIB Decepticons HD.

Not interesting? - In the words of Dr. Zoidberg: "Bah!"

Holy crap man, what a set of Wedding Gifts! - Congrats!

Deszaras is one of the very few, less than 5, Japanese only released figures that I'd ever like to own as there is just something so thoroughly Dark and Decepticon about him that just really takes my fancy.
    For me though, an official Max of any type would be gratifying as it's probably my ultimate grail really, which many would see as pretty ordinary but there is nothing ordinary with that mold to me whatsoever.

LOL

They are wedding gifts from a friend... who is getting married and his wife doesn't like his hobby so he's giving it to me cos he knows his precious figs will have a good home.
    To be fair, my missus barely tolerates my collection but I tolerate her book collection so we're even.

I have the Maximus mold in the form of BRAVE MAXIMUS from Car Robot when it came out in Japan. But there's something totally awesome about Grand Maximus that I want that specific version.

I have to say, thank goodness I'm not a MIB/MISB/MOSC collector or I'd go mad due to my collection. :P