Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Generations Trypticon toy fully revealed

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Love all the detailing! Hasbro have done a great job, not really sure how takara could improve on it. I'll be interested to know if they've kept the walking gimmick and if it will the voice gimmick like metroplex and fort max?
    Interesting he still has the forks for the walking gimmick on his feet. That said I doubt he will walk.

Probably the thing I like best is that he doesn't seem to have any similarities sprawling man city formers like Metroplex and FM. Good to know that they are willing to do a unique mold with no chance of a retool. Makes me keen for the other two Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!! It was all over my Twitter and Instagram feeds this morning, it was really nice to wake up to this surprise.

I have been wondering this all morning, how is this going to fit into the the Titan Returns line? All TR figures so far have been Headmasters.

I am wondering if Trypticon will be apart of the Power of the Primes line
    Metroplex came at a time we were getting updated designs - Springer, Trailcutter, Skids etc. TR is very much a back to G1 design line, so this fits

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I look forward to seeing it next to metroplex. I'm surprised it is so similar to the G1 version given metroplex.
    Yes it does look great but I'm also surprised they didn't base it on WFC Trypticon (was just playing it on the weekend). It's a straight replica of the G1 toy, right down to the purple stabilisers between the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Metroplex came at a time we were getting updated designs - Springer, Trailcutter, Skids etc. TR is very much a back to G1 design line, so this fits
    True, but he doesn't look like a Headmaster which the entire TR line is. His head doesn't look like it will transform into a robot like Cerebros. Hence why I think he will headline the POTP line

Generations - Metroplex
    Combiner Wars - Devastator
    Titan Returns - Fortress Maximus
    Power of the Primes - Trypticon???

It seems like each line has had 1 titan release, so my theory could be correct

I reckon this Trypticon is pretty cool.... it looks nice enough and I'll buy it, but I was sort of hoping it would be more articulated so we'd be able to get some more dynamic dinosaur poses out of it. Ah well, can't be too fussy

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Yes it does look great but I'm also surprised they didn't base it on WFC Trypticon (was just playing it on the weekend). It's a straight replica of the G1 toy, right down to the purple stabilisers between the feet.
    As good as they are, more people like G1 than WfC/FoC.

I really need to stop buying Titans... just one more. I'll stop this time, no really.

At least this one looks unique. Shame the tail isn't a teeny bit longer but at least it is not stubby. Might have to reprolabel this one, but I said that about Metroplex too and haven't bothered so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    I really need to stop buying Titans... just one more. I'll stop this time, no really.
    Well there could only be 2 more to go after this one, Omega Supreme and Scorponok

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    As good as they are, more people like G1 than WfC/FoC.
    That's true. It's just that Generations Metroplex now doesn't really match the aesthetic of his G1 counterpart.

All that said I'm sure I'll still love it.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    True, but he doesn't look like a Headmaster which the entire TR line is. His head doesn't look like it will transform into a robot like Cerebros. Hence why I think he will headline the POTP line
    Weren't people pointing out foot pegs and cockpits for Titan Masters on the leg revealed back in October?