Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1828333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    OMG MP-36 made me slept at 3am! I didn't realise how much time it took to transform and back. While is cool it was sure wasn't fun.
    It was the overt care that I took to prevent paint chips which slowed him down for me. I have come to enjoy complex transfomations if they have a rhythm and sense to them. It is depressing how often I take down a certain 3rd party fembot just to transform her. Sunstreaker is another one. Carbots seem to be a good size for me.

But yeah, that interview has got me thinking seriously about MP44 to the point that I asked the wife if I should do it. I got a "grunt" so that is good? But the dollars. For a toy. I think I will be waiting to see some reviews.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It’s always difficult to judge until on hand. However many seem to enjoy putting their justification and then say it’s worth every penny.

I like to say I sucked it up and wasn’t happy that it cost that much.
    Compare to a Bandai chogokin like voltron or gao gai gar which does have good engineering, metal parts and high quality paint. I am unsure mp44 delivers the same quality as at least sunstreaker. I am hoping it is but still the justification is crazy.

Here’s the thing who cares about the starscream head? $20 here?
    The broken Optimus head while accurate it should be of the grey prime imo.? Another $15 here

The rest of the accessories are okay.

I don’t see how much real involvement is the trailer. It does basically the same thing.

I can see 3p already doing a different sound chip for it. I think while is cool is not necessary or important but these gimmicks add cost.

I can see tt is still holding back hound, maybe trying not to piss off fans by adding another 15,000jpy figure which I will not be supporting.

The broken Optimus head while accurate it should be of the grey prime imo.? Another $15 here

Pretty much agree with you. I feel they added all the questionable accessories to justify the ridiculously high price.

It would be great if the figure alone justified the price. While I love the cartoon accuracy of MP44, there's no way I would pay $500+ for it.

The Starscream head is one of the best parts of this release. They’re teasing a V3. I wish they did this more often. It makes the line much more exciting. They absolutely nailed the face/head sculpt.

Sound chips that were worth placing in the main body and didn't compromise the transformer I can count on one hand.

Best figures with sound chip* thread?

*Not annoyingly triggered, sounds make sense and does not hinder the toy (much)
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

First thing that came to mind when I heard the first voice clip
    "I have a cunning plan."

It’s always difficult to judge until on hand. However many seem to enjoy putting their justification and then say it’s worth every penny.

I like to say I sucked it up and wasn’t happy that it cost that much.
    Compare to a Bandai chogokin like voltron or gao gai gar which does have good engineering, metal parts and high quality paint. I am unsure mp44 delivers the same quality as at least sunstreaker. I am hoping it is but still the justification is crazy.

I don’t see how much real involvement is the trailer. It does basically the same thing.

I can see 3p already doing a different sound chip for it. I think while is cool is not necessary or important but these gimmicks add cost.

I can see tt is still holding back hound, maybe trying not to piss off fans by adding another 15,000jpy figure which I will not be supporting.
    SOC have excellent build quality across the board, but engineering wise it’s not even close to TT’s Masterpiece. I own/have played with the best of the SOC line and its engineering is great for diecast robots, and that’s it. The costs of MPs going up like this is of course not ideal, but engineering wise, it’s really in its own league now. To me, that’s where the money’s worth.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    SOC have excellent build quality across the board, but engineering wise it’s not even close to TT’s Masterpiece. I own/have played with the best of the SOC line and its engineering is great for diecast robots, and that’s it. The costs of MPs going up like this is of course not ideal, but engineering wise, it’s really in its own league now. To me, that’s where the money’s worth.
    What not even close? Sorry I dont agree with that statement at all and what you mean that's it? Masterpiece is nowhere even on par with Bandai's chogokin SOC or DX chogokin.

Are you saying that is worth it as long as the Engineering is nuts enough? But I don't care about paint and materials for the toy or the quality?

For me, TT can make a reduced sized MP-1 and colour it toon style. I think I be fine with that. I am surprised nobody did this.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    I agree. I have a few SOCs and they are no where near MP for engineering and durability. Even the best engineered Bandai Macross Valkyrie, the VF-31, isn’t on par with anything from the MP line.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I agree. I have a few SOCs and they are no where near MP for engineering and durability. Even the best engineered Bandai Macross Valkyrie, the VF-31, isn’t on par with anything from the MP line.
    Dinobot broke. That’s durability there.

I can see people thinking just because it transform it doesn’t mean it’s great engineering.

Mp-9 doesn’t hold the gun, knee joint breaks, it can’t catch on for spoiler to back pack. You sure Bandai didn’t win this piece?