Page 437 of 467 FirstFirst ... 417427432433434435436437438439440441442447457 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Is Mass Effect worth getting into now? I'm aware the first one is pushing 15 years old.
    YES! 6 playthroughs of the ME trilogy with all classes. Loved it each time. The story and character interactions never get old. The graphics of ME1 are the most dated. If you play on PC there are some mods which can improve the textures. Each game is different in its own way - ME1 feels slower, but richer in story. ME2 improves on combat and character building. ME3 (despite the hate) is a delightful action romp.

Gotta disagree with Delta about playing on PC, as I played through the series on PC. Never had an issue with KB + M. Plus the mod scene adds to the longevity of the series.

On my second playthrough of Andromeda right now. It’s not perfect by any means but not quite the abortion people make it out to be. Andromeda shows there was a lack of direction and poor project management. It tries to pick out all the “good stuff” from the original trilogy but ends up being a mish mash of concepts. I’d wait to see if you like the original trilogy first before trying Andromeda.

Thanks for the ME feedback guys.

Apparently I already own Mass Effect 1 and 2 on PC so installed ME1. I realised that it doesn't by standard support 1080p. If there's a mod scene for the game I'm assuming it will be an easy fix once I get around to it.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I've been playing some indie games recently. Dead Cells, Ashen, Below and Moonlighter.

I feel Dead Cells really deserves the accolades it's getting in GOTY awards. It's fun and every single run I feel like I'm making progress.

Ashen was just released the other week. It's free on Xbox Game Pass which is how I'm playing it, but it's well worth the $60 it cost outside of Game Pass even for someone like me that hates Dark Souls. It's a Dark Souls like game, but the lighter atmosphere, more welcoming visuals, and well scripted/acted interactions make it much more bearable for me and I'm really enjoying it.

Moonlighter was released earlier this year. You play as shopkeeper by day and dungeon adventurer by night. The game would be GOTY worthy if the movement and combat mechanics felt better, but it's not a bad game.

And finally, Below. I have been looking forward to this game for years and I'm very disappointed. They showed off lots of cool looking stuff in the trailers, but the actual game is impenetrable. About 2 hours in I gave up. Glad it's free in Game Pass cause it's not worth paying for.

Darksiders 3. Played and finished, on my second playthrough now. The game was brutally hard, some likened it to Dark SoulSiders lol. That is until they did an update that made it slightly easier. The biggest frustration before was trying to heal yourself and waiting for the 3 or 4s animation to happen, whilst you get hit and die. My controller took a beating I admit. But they've made an update where it's almost instant.

So, whilst gameplay is not as good as Darksiders 2, this game continues to bring an awesome story to the table, one I hope to see continued for a 4th and 5th game. A story that flr me is as good, if not better, than the Legacy Of Kain series.

CS:GO recently became free if anyone has interest in that

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Thanks for the ME feedback guys.

Apparently I already own Mass Effect 1 and 2 on PC so installed ME1. I realised that it doesn't by standard support 1080p. If there's a mod scene for the game I'm assuming it will be an easy fix once I get around to it.
    Hmm that's weird, are you playing on steam or origin? You might have to open a launcher to adjust resolution and settings but I could have sworn you don't need a mod to get 1080p

Finally played Wipeout VR. I'm actually alot better at the racing than normal version. I need to play around with the VR settings but is quite cool.

Also played the Xwing mission for Battlefront, whilst short-lived mission, is quite cool. If they did a full-blown VR game, I'd be all over it. Though I dispise EA, I would want a Star Wars VR game.

I just finished listening to Giant Bomb's Game of the Year Deliberations for 2018. As usual, it's more like a domestic disturbance than a civil conversation. Also as usual, after listening to it I want to stab them all in the neck.

Maybe locking 9 people in a room and trying to decide on a Game of the Year is just stupid and shouldn't be done.

Got the PS1 Classic recently. I find Cool Boarders 2 sucks. That's because I'm used to the SSX series on the PS2.