Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 12th December 2018, 01:56 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
That's a highly sought after skill only a limited few can ever achieve in one lifetime!
It is hard to keep a life with no responsiblity, it keeps cropping up and is unavoidable at times
Old 18th December 2018, 02:56 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Does anyone know if eb games/zing sell returned or pre owned pop! vinyl figures? I bought a care bear pop figure for a xmas present and there are scratches and marks all over it. Should there be tape on the box?

Are other figures like this?
Old 18th December 2018, 03:35 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
Does anyone know if eb games/zing sell returned or pre owned pop! vinyl figures?
It's my understanding Zing does sell items displayed in store out of its box. I don't know about pre-loved Pop! Vinyl figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
I bought a care bear pop figure for a xmas present and there are scratches and marks all over it. Should there be tape on the box?

Are other figures like this?
It's totally OK to owning up to purchasing a Care Bear product for one self. We won't judge you too harshly.

DaptoDog for 2018 Best Ozformer Of The Year
Old 18th December 2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
It's my understanding Zing does sell items displayed in store out of its box. I don't know about pre-loved Pop! Vinyl figures.
Have seen some half-transformed Movie Masterpiece (MPM) 'bots on display at ZiNG. It seems a lot of their high-end, in-store items are on display out of the packaging.

You purchased what you thought was a brand new item. Therefore, you are well within your rights to return the item. According to the Australian Consumer Law, goods must be "of acceptable quality - the goods must be safe, lasting, have no faults, look acceptable and do all the things someone would normally expect them to do".
Old 19th December 2018, 12:55 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

What pisses me off is i asked for another one to replace it and she said that was the last one. But it still says in stock at the store. When I browsed the pop figures (looking for something different) she wanted to leave for lunch, I suspect that there were more of the figures on the shelves and she didnt want to be there in case I found another one. Will be going back to the store and asking for another one, see what happens.
Old 19th December 2018, 12:08 PM

That's really annoying. Perhaps you could ask for a refund?

Something like that happened to me years ago (another store - not ZiNG but I won't mention the name) when I was looking for a sealed copy of a game. The one I had in-hand had been opened, without shrink wrap. The staff member I spoke to instantly claimed it was the 'last one'. I looked a bit more carefully and there was a stack of sealed copies still on the shelf, hidden away.
Old 19th December 2018, 07:29 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

So there was another one available but seems to be open as box lid opens easily. Think she dropped it as well. Still a bit scuffed on the star. Yellow paint scuffs on outside of box. Might see if i can swap boxes.