Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: TF5 Movie (2017) production & filming details

Hot Rod: Brash, slightly arrogant, protector. <---isn't that just Movieverse Bumblebee?
    Is he basically just gonna be like Bumblebee only with a voice?

History: Bumblebee's brother-in-arms
    In other words, he's another Bumblebee.

It's almost as if Bay doesn't care about developing distinctive characters in his films...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hot Rod: Brash, slightly arrogant, protector. <---isn't that just Movieverse Bumblebee?

It's almost as if Bay doesn't care about developing distinctive characters in his films...
    I agree. When I read "Bumblebee's brother-in-arms" before the picture showing him as a Lamborghini I expected him to be another camaro and was thinking ... wait - shouldn't that be Cliffjumper?

I think Hot Rod should be more flashy than black or gun metal or whatever colour he ends up actually being. A bit of yellow trim on him or switch the colour so he is mostly orange/red with the black as trim to hail at least a little homage to the original character heritage. Although knowing Bay this is probably Hot Rod in namesake only...

I'm curious as to how this will end up looking on-screen. He transforms into a lovely car, though: https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/mo...off/centenario

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    eh whatever
    i don't expect things to be replicating G1 all the time, and especially not now with the track record, but it's still annoying to me when they take existing characters and basically try and cash in on the name and not homage the look at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I agree. When I read "Bumblebee's brother-in-arms" before the picture showing him as a Lamborghini I expected him to be another camaro and was thinking ... wait - shouldn't that be Cliffjumper?

I think Hot Rod should be more flashy than black or gun metal or whatever colour he ends up actually being. A bit of yellow trim on him or switch the colour so he is mostly orange/red with the black as trim to hail at least a little homage to the original character heritage. Although knowing Bay this is probably Hot Rod in namesake only...
    It's not as if name reuse has never happened in Transformers before - it's been happening since Beast Wars, so why is it such a big deal for the movieverse?

On the colour: the car is in carbonfibre, which is dark grey/black, so that's what the robot has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

You do know that Michael Bay doesn't write the characters, right?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A new video clip of Barricade in car mode... looking a little different to previous movies.
    I though Barricade got killed in DOTM

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Hot Rod has been revealed.

I don't like the black on him... makes him look too much like the "new" Drift car.

Ewps - sorry Paul - didn't realise you'd linked to TFW... I assumed it was an '86 movie link. Soz.
    I think he looks more like Wildrider than Hot Rod personally

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I though Barricade got killed in DOTM
    We thought Megatron died in TF1... and then we thought Optimus died in TF2.... and we also thought Megatron died in TF3... so I think it doesn't matter who dies, as they seem to keep coming back.

Official artwork for Drift (in new colours) and Sqweeks.

Hasbro have licensed (outsourced) diecast vehicles for the fifth movie, after doing it themselves for the first two movies (with most being just plastic).

More photos of the various vehicles driving around and parked in the Movie lot.

(it is weird seeing two of the Optimus trucks next to each other, even though we know that they had up to four made up for filming the previous movies)

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

To be honest i dont mind Megatron's new look. There is some kind of artistic style going on in his design. Still ugly though.

Barricade is the typical scrap yard junk we've seen for years. Garbage.

Who will the Fiat 124 spider end up being?