Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 324247484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Government to censor the Internet

do i wait for the local retailers to stock it at the same price at the same time as the rest of the world, or do i buy online and have it delivered it straight to my door?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    do i wait for the local retailers to stock it at the same price at the same time as the rest of the world, or do i buy online and have it delivered it straight to my door?
    I'm pretty sure buying stuff online isn't prevented yet till the government or big studios find a way of preventing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I'm pretty sure buying stuff online isn't prevented yet till the government or big studios find a way of preventing it.
    And after that they can lock all our phones so that we can't call overseas.
    Why do we need to talk to people in other countries, there are lots of people in this one we can talk to after all

Sorry Murdoch I'll buy a vpn before I get foxtel.

Want my money? Chuck it on netflix or hope I like it enough to get the blu-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Yay, once again the Australian government has bowed to big business.

It's so nice to see that tax dollars are spent so that business can keep using their out dated and archaic models to choke dollars from aussies.

Sure, I can see why they made the move, but I suspect that if more people had access to legal ways of getting the shows sooner they would take them. Foxtel is BS with their subscription bizzo and charges, even then they seem to get stuff late.

Next step, making sure they slap gst on EVERY item that comes in the mail.

Oh and isn't youtube a streaming site?

fire up those vpns

Yep I was pretty disappointed to hear this bill got passed, it shows a complete lack of leadership within the opposition as well as complete ignorance of advice provided to the government on real solutions to tackling internet piracy within Australia. This draconian piece of legislation has not only proven to be ineffective in other countries in which it has been implemented, but it also has the complete opposite effect of what it's intention is.

Watch internet piracy grow even more in Australia now as the people vote with their pockets. Goodbye Foxtel and other crappy companies using outdated business models, and F U government for failing the people once again.

The VPN business is about to become even more lucrative thanks to the Australian Parliament. It's OK Mr Hockey, this is simply Australian's "going out there and having a go!".

VPN's will be blocked too fellas. Download the internet while you still can!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Yep I was pretty disappointed to hear this bill got passed, it shows a complete lack of leadership within the opposition as well as complete ignorance of advice provided to the government on real solutions to tackling internet piracy within Australia. This draconian piece of legislation has not only proven to be ineffective in other countries in which it has been implemented, but it also has the complete opposite effect of what it's intention is.

Watch internet piracy grow even more in Australia now as the people vote with their pockets. Goodbye Foxtel and other crappy companies using outdated business models, and F U government for failing the people once again.

The VPN business is about to become even more lucrative thanks to the Australian Parliament. It's OK Mr Hockey, this is simply Australian's "going out there and having a go!".
    It's to please their lobbyist and backers. The motivation for this doesn't go beyond that.

Anyone who thinks Labor or Liberals are there for the people of Australia is in a delusion. They are in it for themselves.