Thread: Fansproject Function X-05 M.A.D.L.A.W

Default Fansproject Function X-05 M.A.D.L.A.W

Pre-orders for FP M.A.D.L.A.W aka not-Quickswitch are up on BBTS. January 2015 release date sounds awesome.

I'm pretty keen on getting the not-Quickswitch colours as opposed to the potential not-Sixknight colours because I had a ton of fun with a KO Quickswitch as a kid. Anybody else going for either of these?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I love the Fansproject stuff and have all the Function X figures released so far, but in this case I have no affinity with the character and funds are kinda tight at the moment, so for now, I'll have to give him a miss.

Hoping he remains available and gets discounted down the track, then he'll definitely be up for consideration.

Can't imagine how complex his transformations are going to be!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

While I wasn't a fan of the original toy, and as far as I recall he only ever appeared once in the UK comics, I'm going to get this based on the strength of the Function X series.

Every Function X toy thus far release has been a joy, and a great example of intuitive and fun transforming robot design. Here;s hoping this guy continues the trend and gives us a glimpse of what to expect when they finally get to Apeface.

Man I wish Function X was FP's primary line.

I'll be curious to see if they make this guy a headmaster? that would be unique and interesting given the nature of the different modes it would have to be a triple changer like the triple changer headmasters heads were.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Probably...it'll still be cheaper than getting an original Quickswitch.
    That said, it's not a priority for me, so I'll probably hope one shows up used in the hobby shops here and I can get it cheaply.

I really want this. Like really. Big fan of Quickswitch. This looks very nice. Can't wait for a video review.
    However, I can't quite get over the price.
    $160 delivered. Thanks to the dollar, I think thats more than I paid for Hexatron...
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Pics are out!

Robot mode looks a lot more articulate than Hexatron. Definitely does not look like a Headmaster. Puma mode also looks fantastic - much better than Hexatron's winged wolf mode.

As with all multi-changers, there are bound to be compromised modes. Again comparing with Hexatron, I really liked the robot, plane and tank modes - with the two alt modes looking distinct-enough from each other. With Madlaw, the tank, plane and boat (and to a lesser extent, the gun) modes all appear a bit too similar (eyes can't seem to get past the teal rounded cockpit). He's got two sets of guns, a regular set of pistols that are used in a lot of the alt modes, and also a pair of winged-rifles that aren't being utilised in his plane mode to extend his wingspan - I wonder why? It seems like a lot of criticism, but the original G1 mould required a LOT of imagination between modes (and if you lose his guns, you've only really got robot and puma modes)

Still getting him though. I'm already imagining the fun I'll have transforming him from tank to puma

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Video review from Kuma Style. This wasn't on my radar until it was revealed it was Function-X... ashamed to say that just cause i have the other 4, was considering picking this up as well, only to be a completionist lol.

But the video has changed my tune, i kinda like the robot but the rest of the modes do nothing for me and there doesn't seem to be anything that unique with the transformations. It's understandable cause it's a multi-changer but yeah i think i just prefer the simpler, standard 2 mode toys. The size too, doesn't look like it'll fit well with the other figures. Will wait for the next headmaster, hopefully it's soon!