Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: 2010 OTCA Christmas Appeal

Hey STL, how did this campaign go? Did you hear back from IFYS saying they got the toys ok?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Hey STL, how did this campaign go? Did you hear back from IFYS saying they got the toys ok?
    Yeah, I did get an e-mail around Christmas but didn't see it yesterday.

Thanks [snip - my name]

Our thought and gratitude to you and your supporters.

Bruce
    I'm planning to go up there in January and catch up with him but weather has been average that way so may postpone till February.

Jill from Orana also gave me a call and sent a big thanks to us all. I was told of a boy in residential care who was so happy that he got a TF. The way it works at Orana is that they have room the kids go in and can select an item of their choice. The kid had been there a few years now is my understanding but this was the first time he was wowed with the TFs on offer. The Lego too was really well-received but unfortunately there wasn't as much of it as TFs.

So thanks to everyone who donated, it made the difference in many lives and in 2011 we'll get better organised with a better effort and action some of the other great ideas put forward too.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I was told of a boy in residential care who was so happy that he got a TF. The way it works at Orana is that they have room the kids go in and can select an item of their choice. The kid had been there a few years now is my understanding but this was the first time he was wowed with the TFs on offer.
    Hearing stories like this makes it all worthwhile. Now that we have a whole year to plan for the next one, I will be buying stuff when there are sales on, not just TF's, to give them more a variety of toys. But I think we can say we had a good go at it for a first go. Count me in to help this year.