Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TF4 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    *sigh*, and I was really enjoying Transformers Prime. Does this mean that, like Animated, another series is going to be cancelled in it's, er - 'prime'?
    Nah... don't worry. Animated looked to be axed to be able to help launch their new TV Network (The HUB) with an all new lineup of shows of their main brands.
    I think Animated was on the decline, but seemed to still have the legs to go another year at least, if the HUB wasn't created.

And even if TF4 is given priority with design & development of toys, TFPrime will just be squeezed to one side like it did last year... and like Generations 2 years before that. It'll just mean having a break from TFPrime toys being released to stores for 6 or so months while Hasbro release their flood of Movie toys.

Maybe they'll go for a younger audience this time?

TF4 starring Atticus Shaffer as Raf, Selena Gomez as Miko, and Justin Bieber as Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    TF4 starring Atticus Shaffer as Raf, Selena Gomez as Miko, and Justin Bieber as Jack
    Dude, that's just horrible; don't even joke like that!
    ()

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Maybe they'll go for a younger audience this time?

What do we think are the chances that it will be set on Cybertron and not have any humans at all? 0.01%?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    What do we think are the chances that it will be set on Cybertron and not have any humans at all? 0.01%?
    I think you'll need to move that decimal point a little further backwards mate.

I wouldn't mind if the new movie ripped off Alien a bit. Something like: Movie starts with a small military team (with new exoskeleton armour developed for them by their Autobot allies) leaving Earth alongside a handful of Autobots. Their mission? I dunno, not important at this stage.

En route they are ambushed by a small team of Decepticons (no more than 5) and accidentally manage to space bridge themselves, along with most Decepticons (we'll say one dies in process) to a random destination (ice planet would be pretty cool). Through damage sustained in the ambush they are forced to crash land their ship on a planet they know nothing about. Oxygen reserves for the humans are running low (), one Autobot is severely wounded, and 4 powerful Decepticons are out there somewhere looking for them (along with who-knows-what is out there, spooo-ooky!). Nice mix of story, action, some memorable one liners and a few tugs on the old heart strings along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the new movie ripped off Alien a bit. Something like: Movie starts with a small military team (with new exoskeleton armour developed for them by their Autobot allies) leaving Earth alongside a handful of Autobots. Their mission? I dunno, not important at this stage.

En route they are ambushed by a small team of Decepticons (no more than 5) and accidentally manage to space bridge themselves, along with most Decepticons (we'll say one dies in process) to a random destination (ice planet would be pretty cool). Through damage sustained in the ambush they are forced to crash land their ship on a planet they know nothing about. Oxygen reserves for the humans are running low (), one Autobot is severely wounded, and 4 powerful Decepticons are out there somewhere looking for them (along with who-knows-what is out there, spooo-ooky!). Nice mix of story, action, some memorable one liners and a few tugs on the old heart strings along the way.
    This one post has more premise than ROTF had, that's for sure and that's coming from a fan of that film; as it had Transformers in spades and Pyramids!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    And yet you'll all go and see it and feed the machine.
    And many will see it more than once... and on blue ray/dvd..... and on tv....or maybe thats just me

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Whoever directs it, I could care less as so long as it's entertaining and keeps Transformers in the minds of non-fanatical fans - I'm for it.
    These movies have done more good than people give them credit for and All TF Fans have benefited from them immensely.
    For sure - how many members have rekindled their interest in transformers since or becuase of one of the bay movie?

Anywho replace Bumbleebee with wheelie I say and have the autobots fight a massive pretender army......and might as well throw in a few zombies for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    And many will see it more than once... and on blue ray/dvd..... and on tv....or maybe thats just me
    No, no your not the only one.

For sure - how many members have rekindled their interest in transformers since or because of one of the bay movie?
    Not only that, but the earnings from those movies have been directly funnelled into the development and production of all the TF: Animated, Classicsverse, TF: Prime, Masterpiece, Alternity and Kreo toys; as well as the TF Animated/Prime Cartoons and other ventures - Hell even a couple of amusement rides!

For as narratively boring the movies may of been for some, there is no denying that we've all benefited some how; mainly, the brand awareness of a hell of a lot more people and most importantly - Kids!

Anywho replace Bumbleebee with wheelie I say and have the autobots fight a massive pretender army......and might as well throw in a few zombies for good measure.
    I think Wheelie would actually be the more popular character at this point, lol!
    (I'm definitely Pro-Pretenders, less so the Aussie-cardboard Tongue-actor types though )