Page 390 of 467 FirstFirst ... 370380385386387388389390391392393394395400410 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Yeah, I didn't play the beta but I watched footage and of course know about the loot box shit. SWBF2 has gone from must buy to maybe I'll buy it for $5-10 on sale as a PC benchmark if others use it for benchmarking.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Finished asylum and city. Now onto knight. Its interesting to see how technology in gaming has progressed through the years through this series. Knight feels too complex with its upgrade trees.
    Half the skills and stuff in Knight I didn't even touch (like bullet resistance and gliding batarangs). I really enjoyed it and found a few of the new things rather fun, but there are some sections that were a little tedious.

For example, all the tanks battles. I really didn't find them very fun. But I did enjoy the chases and other things that involved the batmobile. I do wish that they had more sections that required stealth though. I felt that since Asylum, they've been moving away from the stealth mechanic and focusing more on the combat.

I did like the bank heist missions, with the time limit and option to go hard and fast on the stealthiness, but generally, there was a lack of stealth. Which made me sad

I was going to start playing Horizon on the PS4 but then learned that it is actually a fairly long game. Since i just came out of playing Fallout 4 for like 8 months, I figured I should try to get through the shorter hours games in my backlog. So I decided to start with Uncharted 4 since it isn't a long game. So far as we have discussed, excellent presentation, story and sets but repetitive game play that gets dull, specially when it emphasises on combat rather than the puzzle or discovery elements. However I will say that it feels more refined than the previous games so combat sequences don't feel as much of a chore.

I recently finished Uncharted Golden Abyss on the Vita exclusively while commuting - It was actually pretty good for a portable game. Certainly captures the feel of the mainstream titles. Although story wasn't that interesting, game play actually felt a little better but still basically the same. Motion gyro/touch controls do suck a bit but most have traditional alternatives and rarely imposes.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I was going to start playing Horizon on the PS4 but then learned that it is actually a fairly long game. Since i just came out of playing Fallout 4 for like 8 months, I figured I should try to get through the shorter hours games in my backlog.
    I didn't find Horizon that long of a game TBH and it take me ages to finish open world games. (like 5 years for RDR) The map in Horizon looks huge, but really it doesn't take that long to traverse it and many of the quests just have you going back and forth between areas.

Long story short, I managed to finish it in a couple of months (max) so it can't be that long. It certainly has nowhere near the same amount of content as Fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I didn't find Horizon that long of a game TBH and it take me ages to finish open world games. (like 5 years for RDR) The map in Horizon looks huge, but really it doesn't take that long to traverse it and many of the quests just have you going back and forth between areas.

Long story short, I managed to finish it in a couple of months (max) so it can't be that long. It certainly has nowhere near the same amount of content as Fallout.
    I'm part way through HZD. The only time consuming part is the collection of crafting mats and collectables. The story and side quest don't seem to be very time consuming. Only around 20 hours if you just do main story according to HLTB.

Sigh. As great as the Xbox One controllers are, durability is not a strong point. In addition to having 2 D-pads become unresponsive in a particular direction since 2013 (both replaced by EB under warranty) I now have the left analog stick on one of my Elite controllers drifting to the left when centered and it also drifts back to centre when pulled to the right.

I have no idea how much Xbox charges to swap out an Elite controller but I'm glad they have the service on their support website because I don't want to buy another $200 controller. Looks like I'll be calling Xbox over the weekend to arrange a replacement.

Connected the ps4 for the first time to the internet. Updated a game. 5 hours. Not doing that again. Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Connected the ps4 for the first time to the internet. Updated a game. 5 hours. Not doing that again. Still waiting...
    Gone are the days of buying a game and putting it into your gaming system and playing right off the bat. This is the way of gaming now so gotta get used to it. Doom I had to leave my PlayStation on overnight to download its update.

And on that note too, I have paid for my Wolfenstein 2 so Friday morning I'll go out and pick it up before work and get the updates to install whilst I'm at work so I can play when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Gone are the days of buying a game and putting it into your gaming system and playing right off the bat. This is the way of gaming now so gotta get used to it. Doom I had to leave my PlayStation on overnight to download its update.

And on that note too, I have paid for my Wolfenstein 2 so Friday morning I'll go out and pick it up before work and get the updates to install whilst I'm at work so I can play when I get home
    Yeah I know for the PC version of Doom we have had multiple patches where the entire game was replaced in a patch. So it started as a 45ish GB download, then we got a 45ish GB patch to remove the Denuvo DRM from it. Then more recently we got a 65ish GB patch for whatever they decided to add to the game. I should just finish the game finally and uninstall the game to save on bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah I know for the PC version of Doom we have had multiple patches where the entire game was replaced in a patch. So it started as a 45ish GB download, then we got a 45ish GB patch to remove the Denuvo DRM from it. Then more recently we got a 65ish GB patch for whatever they decided to add to the game. I should just finish the game finally and uninstall the game to save on bandwidth.
    Haha too right. I bought the PC version, but found out our PCs were too crap to run the game. So had to buy on PS4. It's still a great game, definitely better than Doom3