Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TF4 Age of Extinction Theatrical release dates

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Midnight Screening maybe? Or possibly a day early with some cinemas. Pretty sure I seen that sort of thing happen before
    Yea, I don't mind, as long it get to see it earlier I'm thrilled

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Yea, I don't mind, as long it get to see it earlier I'm thrilled
    That's the spirit !

Just bought my tickets to AOE for Wednesday 25th!

Movie length is expected to be about 2 hours 30 minutes plus credits... Michael Bay should still be editing the movie, so with adding about 3-4 minutes of credits, it could be a few minutes either side of that total number.

For those wondering...
    TF1 - 2 hours 24 minutes
    TF2 - 2 hours 29 minutes
    TF3 - 2 hours 34 minutes

This one should end up being the same length as the previous three.

Less than four weeks to go now...

Was in the city yesterday for the MS Walk and noticed it's being advertised for IMAX. Looking on their website, they have a release date of June 24th @ 11:59 PM. As ILikeSoundwave picked up, looks like the movie actually starts on the 25th as most cinemas have a 10 AM session on that day. So this means that if anyone was planning on going to a midnight opening session, it would have to be the Tuesday, not Wednesday as originally thought.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

That is odd, as the Paramount site in the first post still says 26th.

I contacted the cinemas around me and used their online bookings. None of them have any sessions at all for the 25th.

Okay....
    This is interesting.

Below are some links to the three main movie sites for advance bookings of tickets, and despite all the sites saying on their main pages that TF4 starts on Thursday 26th, each have sessions on sale for the 25th (including midnight sessions at most cinemas at the end of the 24th June).

Hoyts

Event (advance book online for a chance to win a trip of 3 nights in Hong Kong for the world premiere on June 19th)

Imax Sydney - Imax Melbourne

Looks like another trip to Sydney to see the Imax version...

(for some strange reason, the Hoyts near me doesn't have it listed as an upcoming movie... and their future movie list goes up to September.)

I just realised that I don't get back to Australia until Wednesday morning, so don't even get a chance at the Tuesday Midnight screening... and will be too tired to enjoy the movie on Wednesday at all.
    (I was seriously considering going to the Tuesday midnight Imax screening in Sydney)

I know, I know... big tragedy... but it is still nice to be able to recall being one of the first to see or be a part of something significant in the fandom, no matter what it is.... for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I know, I know... big tragedy... but it is still nice to be able to recall being one of the first to see or be a part of something significant in the fandom, no matter what it is.... for years to come.
    It sucks when it's something you want to do. I wanted to go to a midnight screening but the cinema near me has renovations around it at the moment, so will just be a pain. So I'll wait till morning Are you out of the country at the moment, seeming as you can't attend one of the first sessions?