Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Animated Se3Ep12 "Endgame Part One" discussion

Default Transformers Animated Se3Ep12 "Endgame Part One" discussion

I was a little disappointed that they didn't show parts one and two in one go, because this episode, by itself is a little lacking.

Some more nice origin flashbacks and a couple of intriguing things (like a potential long awaited upgrade for one character, and some more clone appearing but not as you'd expect), but all the pay off looks like it will be next week.

It also doesn't look like the ending I (and I think others) was expecting but it could give a wrap up to the main overarching storyline of the series as a whole.

It was pretty good I thought. Although they have ALOT to conclude next episode. I assume we won't be seeing the Dinobots or Black Arachnia again.

Optimus Prime combining with Skyfire? Who would have thought...

Nice to see Starscream get what he seserves, again.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I like how they used G1 Jetfire's boosters for Prime's jetpack. The stabilisers also looked like Victory Sabre's wings - another nice homage. I thought the Omega clones were going to look like Omega Sentinels but instead they looked like a hybrid between Omega Supreme and Lugnut... that was an interesting twist.

The way they treated Arcee was pretty dark. Interesting how they explained her origins as a school teacher.

P.S.: Also interesting is the choice of episode title, as "Endgame" was also the name of the 3-part finale of Beast Machines - another neat tribute. (^_^)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 17th May 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Pacing of this episode is different from the previous ones. Overall I enjoyed it.

Oh man only one more episode left. Very sad. Animated has definitely overtaken BW as my second favourite series after G1.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I like how they used G1 Jetfire's boosters for Prime's jetpack. The stabilisers also looked like Victory Sabre's wings
    I thought they looked a bit like Cybertron Prime's wings. Prime looked a bit like Optimal Optimus with the guns on his shoulders...

This was a good ep. I think that it was paced slower than previous ones because they want to a) the calm before the storm and b) part two should be one heck of a smack down

Lugnut and Shockwaves rivalry was pretty funny. Female Starscream seemed to be there just for the fans. Can't wait for Part 2.

If anyone has seen this episode from Timothy Orrent's house can you pm me the address?

Starscream rolling to get around was hilarious. Wingblade Prime looks nice, especially the forearm fins on him. It was a very empty episode though with tonnes of filler.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy
    I thought they looked a bit like Cybertron Prime's wings.
    Looks more like Victory Sabre's wings to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy
    Starscream rolling to get around was hilarious.
    Yes!! I literally laughed out loud when I saw that! The use of protoforms to create new bodies was interesting to see. Now here's a question - are protoforms in Animated lifeless or are they imbued with Sparks but awaiting activation (i.e.: "unborn")? It seems that the protoforms on Earth's moon are lifeless - perhaps their sparks perished in the crash... but what about the protoform in Master Yoketron's Dojo or the chibi-protoform which became Sari? Hrmmmm...

anyone feeling a supreme class 'lugnut supreme'