Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rescue Bots DVD news for Australia

Default Rescue Bots DVD news for Australia

The distributors of Rescue Bots DVDs in Australia is Beyond Entertainment, and they had a booth at the Supanova convention this weekend in Brisbane.
    (Madman appear to have the license for all other Transformers series, while Beyond Entertainment have the license for Rescue Bots - maybe it was too "young" for Madman to want.)

So talking to them I got some good news, great news, and some awesome news.

The good news is, they are intending to keep releasing DVD volumes here for the foreseeable future, every 3-4 months. The next volume comes out January 2nd, called "Bot to the Future" which they said should have the remaining six episodes of Season One.

The great news is, they intend to release every episode, in order, unlike Shout Factory who no longer have plans to release all episodes anymore (their next volume repeats two episodes and skips 17 episodes). In fact, between the most recent volume here and the next volume in January, we will have the three episodes that Shout Factory are unlikely to ever release (they said they are doing themed sets now, and are too far behind to ever catch up).

And now for the awesome news. The people at Beyond Entertainment said that they are expecting to have a season boxset for the first season for Australia in around March... something the Americans are not going to see, according to Shout Factory at the last two BotCons.

I left them a business card of our website, so hopefully they will send future news and updates for me to post up here.

For those unfamiliar with the Australian release of Rescue Bots on DVD...
    Vol 1 (Eps 1-5) - Hot Shots
    Vol 2 (Eps 6-10) - Cody on Patrol
    Vol 3 (Eps 11-15) - Return of the Dinobot
    Vol 4 (Eps 16-20) - Bumblebee to the Rescue
    Vol 5 (Eps 21-26) - Bot to the Future (out January 2nd)
    Season 1 Boxset (Eps 1-26) aiming for March 2015
    (future volumes to then start going through season two)

Most retailers here should be charging around $15 per volume. Considering the American volumes of the same number of episodes is about US$15, I'm definitely going to get the Australian DVDs now... and replace the five American ones I bought (as they have different order and numbers).

I just did a search online, and JB Hifi have the fifth volume now up for pre-order, while the previous four volumes are just $8 each, or three for $20. Very good pricing... I don't think I will wait for the boxset, if it happens.

A listing for the Season One boxset (with image) has been added to the Beyond Entertainment website, with a release date of March 2nd.
    The set includes 5 discs, so is likely to be like a repacking of the first five volumes in a bigger case.
    Price is listed at $35, so places like JB HiFi will be cheaper than that.
    (At $35, it is more than 50% saving over buying the individual five volumes, which would cost $75.)

Volume 6 is now also revealed, which should start the Second Season of the cartoon.
    The title is "Serve and Protect", and has a release date of March 2nd for the same price as previous volumes (RRP $15).
    The odd thing is that it is listed as 154 minutes, which suggests that it has 7 episodes instead of the usual 5 or 6... possibly to reduce the number of volumes per season (the first four volumes had 5 and the fifth had the remaining 6 episodes of Season One).
    That might mean just four volumes for Season 2 instead of five (two volumes of 7 and two volumes of 6).

Something I will have to find out.

Sweet, can pick it up at JB before May for my little mans birthday

Beyond Entertainment have replied to my query about Volume 6, confirming that it will have 7 episodes, and the second season will only have 4 DVDs instead of 5 like Season One.

Thank you for your interest in our Transformers Rescue Bots releases. The first volume of Transformers Rescue Bots Season 2 does indeed contain seven episodes and our current plans are to release this season in four volumes as opposed to the five that the first season was released in.

Unfortunately I just confirmed with Beyond Home Entertainment that the Season 1 box set has been cancelled. So the DVD volumes are still the only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    Unfortunately I just confirmed with Beyond Home Entertainment that the Season 1 box set has been cancelled. So the DVD volumes are still the only choice.
    I saw it mentioned on TFW that the link is gone... which is really disappointing. After all the hyping up that was done on the global fansites, they could have sold a fair few to non-Australians.

I wonder why it was cancelled.

And I hope that doesn't mean that sales have been that bad for the regular volumes to have them stop releasing the regular volumes.

Not a confirmed cancellation, but still up in the air. Regular volumes will continue though.

From Beyond Entertainment...

We’re pleased to hear you're keen for a Season 1 full season release – at this point this collection hasn’t been cancelled but its feasibility is being assessed in light of retailer feedback.

This will not change our commitment to releasing the upcoming individual volumes of Season 2, which we will continue to release as per the previous volumes of Season 1.

I regularly call Beyond Home Entertainment, and the cancellation was confirmed. There was no listing at all for a season 1 set, in their database for future releases.

Keep in mind, that Beyond Home Entertainment avoids publicly stating anything is actually cancelled. The various incomplete cartoon series from Nickelodeon (Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius, Catdog. Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life) are the perfect examples, which have clearly been abandoned at this point, but they keep giving excuses when asked via Facebook.

I recently bought the first volume of season 2 (Transformers Rescue Bots: Serve and Protect) and can confirm the first 7 episodes of season 2 are included, in the correct order.

The next volume of season 2 (Transformers Rescue Bots: Space Bots) will be released on Wednesday 3rd June 2015. Source: Stack Magazine

I encourage anyone interested in the series to buy the DVD volumes as they are released, so we don't ended up with another incomplete series.