View Poll Results: TF4 Platinum Edition Optimus & Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, even if it was $200

1 3.13%
  • Yes, but no more than $150

7 21.88%
  • Yes, but only if it is $100

7 21.88%
  • Not unless it was heavily clearanced and don't care if I miss it

14 43.75%
  • Not even interested

3 9.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Platinum Edition Optimus with Trailer & Sideswipe

thanks for the review griffin, i'm really liking the sideswipe and FE prime looks good with a trailer. I'll be picking one up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It actually does... but I wasn't going to transform one to show it in truck mode. Maybe I should keep more of my toys in different modes, if they are the same mould.
    ha I have that same problem, that prime specifically

awesome review

Nice paint apps. The higher quality paint actually does a decent job of selling Op and Sideswipe looks really nice.

How much do you want for the trailer? I want it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I've been thinking about getting a First Edition Op and this has made up my mind. It looks great and is a lot nicer than the first version. It even has a face plate! trailer does look a little short and couldn't care less about the Sideswipe but I do like the chrome....I'm a chrome fan!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'll check them later.

Too many toys...
    First world problems.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I voted 'not unless clearanced' as even though I reckon this looks like it is worth at least a hundred bucks or more I already have 5 versions of Prime from the new movie (Voyager Evasion, LA01 Battle Command, Target Silver Knight & the two TRU Metal Figurines). It's the usual over-saturation of the same certain characters on the market that may hold sales of this toy back. If there were only a couple of Prime toys out I would totally consider getting this.

I really, really, really wish they had just given us that awesome Sideswipe as a deluxe Stinger! It looks so freakin good!!

Instead, we get no deluxe Stinger in the whole line while Hasbro had this thing sitting in their back pocket the whole time... with its totally Stinger-y head and amazing colour.

I noticed that the tyres on the trailer have been changed too. The treads match FE Leader Optimus Prime's and differ from MP10's.

Excusing the OP figure wouldnt it be cheaper just to buy Swerve ROTF Deluxe again and some gloss finish coat and you'd pretty much get the same thing?

CVonC Guest

This is now on sale @ Myer for $99. You can also get a 10% off using "TOYS10" code (but you will have to pay $9.95 for shipping unless you buy something else to make the total over $100 for free shipping) or present this voucher at the store.

There's way too much chrome on OP's body and that's what's putting me off from buying it. I do like the red to yellow flames though.

Myer are also selling the OP & Grimlock Platinum Edition for $99. There's less chrome on OP's body but too much on his head though. This one transformers in 18 steps compared to the 15 in the trailer set.

HALP! I can't decided which one to get!!