Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Knight Rider

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Hey look! It's lockdown!
    That's what I thought too

i watched bits of it yesterday before been told to switch it off

the SUV to car transformation is rather tricky (since the two of them hopped into the back of the SUV, then managed to get into the seats in the car!)

OK.... what the hell were they thinking when they thought up the idea of transforming a perfectly hot looking car into something from the kids Hot Wheels car stand. I just watched the first episode and I thought the pic above was a photoshop joke but to my disbelief it did transform into "attack mode". They could of at least saved the super pursuit mode gimmick for a bit down the track but super pursuit mode on the original KITT even looks a million times better. Apart from that and I dont really like that KITT can transform into a F Truck either but I can live with it it was an ok show.

BTW I watched it here:

http://www.knightriderepisodes.net/

I'm actually really enjoying this series, even after 2 (three if you count the pilot) episodes.

Sure there's a little bit of tackiness and a few plot holes to it, but the original series had that as well.

And it's even more fun when I get my 2 and a half year old nephew to sit down and watch it with me. Little guy loves cars so he just sits there in amazement and gets all excited when he sees the various cars.

Ive watched up to episode 13 and it just keeps getting better. The KITT vs KARR episode has been my favorite so far (Maybe Cullens voice has something to do with it) Unfortunately the battle scene wasnt long enough in my opinion.

One thing i dont like is maybe there is too much CGI.

Im enjoying this series enough that im trying to track down the original series for comparison (my memory of KITT and the Hoff is sketchy at best).
    Last edited by Vector Sigma 13; 9th February 2009 at 04:17 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

I found the KITT vs KARR thing to be the lowest point of this season!

KARR was hinted about for a while, so there was a little bit of a build up, and it was all over in one episode. meh ... I just felt it could have been drawn out a bit instead of wrapping up the first over budget half of the season to move onto the second lesser budgeted half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    I found the KITT vs KARR thing to be the lowest point of this season!

KARR was hinted about for a while, so there was a little bit of a build up, and it was all over in one episode. meh ... I just felt it could have been drawn out a bit instead of wrapping up the first over budget half of the season to move onto the second lesser budgeted half of the season.
    I agree that they could have done so much more with the KARR character. In this day and age they could have come up with an awesome script/ storyline. Perhaps they could have built it up to the final episodes of the season.

Im also not totaly sold on that robot form (A Transfan knows a bad transform when he/ she sees it). I think they could have done just as well with the car form only but perhaps incorporated the more violent scary car/human interface (That could have potentially been freaky as!) Bit like Guld from Macross Plus on Crack watching friday the 13th while flying the VF21!

Im sure if the series continues (unknown if it will) they will come up with some good stuff.

I think someone in this thread suggested an old and new KITT episode would be cool- Id like to see that too.

Id like to see the series continue if possible. If this series gets canned i doubt well ever see another attempt and that would be dissapointing as its a great concept.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    I think someone in this thread suggested an old and new KITT episode would be cool- Id like to see that too.
    ahhh I got a little excited when Michael said they were going "old school" in this week's episode.

So hoping ... but they went really old instead. ah well.

And I definitely want to see it continue, at least three seasons, let it have a good run. Getting back to the old style of "help out whoever" each week and putting Kitt and Michael in different situations, while reaking of unoriginality, still works.