Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DBZ CCG- Panini

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New DBZ CCG- Panini

Not sure how many here used to play the old Score card game, as I know I never saw tournaments or any competitive play anywhere, but I know that others here on OTCA are/were at least collectors and may be interested in this news if they are not already aware of it.

I don't think the game had a huge following here in Australia, but the CCG is getting a revised release with new card images with mostly the same rules and conditions as the original. The company releasing them is called Panini, who are mostly known for doing Football (soccer) card or sticker collections.

Not sure on an exact date, or how to get the cards yet (hoping amazon or BBTS get them) but I'll post more here if there is any interest, I am getting most of my information from http://retrodbzccgcom.fatcow.com/. They have an extensive gallery of the new (and older score) cards as well as news and reviews.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Just found this thread. From what I recall in my area in Melbourne it actually was pretty big. Localy tournaments every week. I even found a flyer with the national championships July 2002!

Still have all my rares, foils, promos and personalities in a folder. Not sure where the rest have gone.

Wouldn't mind following this when it gets released locally (if it does).

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Just found this thread. From what I recall in my area in Melbourne it actually was pretty big. Localy tournaments every week. I even found a flyer with the national championships July 2002!

Still have all my rares, foils, promos and personalities in a folder. Not sure where the rest have gone.

Wouldn't mind following this when it gets released locally (if it does).
    I've been bugging game traders and a few board game shops but it seems Panini do not have an Australian distributor so it works out easier to get them shipped from the USA. I got a box of starters and who boxes of boosters, hoping to get most of the rares that way then buy singles to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I've been bugging game traders and a few board game shops but it seems Panini do not have an Australian distributor so it works out easier to get them shipped from the USA. I got a box of starters and who boxes of boosters, hoping to get most of the rares that way then buy singles to complete.
    Where have you found the cheapest source?

Prices are a bit erratic, there is animeexchange based in QLD that are decently priced, but still marked up (as they should, got to make money if you run a shop!). Amazon can sometimes pop up some savings, but the place I use is Hill's Wholesale Gaming

Probably not the cheapest but they have excellent range, good prices, and ship to Australia directly. Most card shops that sell complete boxes do not ship here. Postage is the killer, I'll wait until I have time to open my second booster box and see if I need to make a second order with them, or I may risk it and order more when the next expansion arrives sometime early 2015.

Bummer they are all sold out of Starter Decks.

Guess i'll have to wait! Everyone on Amazon doesn't ship international.

I wonder if I should dig out all my old DBZ/GT cards, I have a ton of them including a few ubers (can't remember which exactly but a few attack cards and a Goku or 2).
    I don't know if I'd bother getting back into it, it was fun playing in tourneys back in the day (we did have them in Sydney Trunks, you should have come to the game store in Burwood), but after a dodgey ruling by a corrupt judge got me kicked out of top 8 for one of the nationals my passion for the game slowly but surely died.

Just bought a couple of starter boxes for myself and my son at the recent Pax in Melbourne and think we will probably get into the game more. Need to get a lot more cards of course as neither of us can build a life deck of the same style yet. I'm liking Piccolo so far so would be going for Namekian style.

Newest set (with new starter decks) drops sometime in he next few weeks.

I've already pre-ordered mine, but even buying boxes in bulk does not save a lot of money compared to buying singles from store like game traders and the like.

Just like the old Dragonball Z game, I don't really have anyone to play against and I definitely don't have the time to go play tournaments anywhere when they do have them but I've been liking namekian too, it was my favourite in old Z as well. Ginyu just seems to strong, but I Think the androids will become the new favourites just from seeing some previews, android 17 looks like he will be a lot of fun.

Yeah I just bought the Heroes and Villains booster box - 24 packs x 12 cards in each. But yeah I get the feeling you need a lot of luck to get the cards you need even when buying in bulk. Obviously trading and buying individual cards to build a deck might be more sensible Oh well haha.

I bought them from tak-games.com.au. They are a dedicated DBZ TCG company down here in Australia. I saw them at PAX Aus on the weekend.

I like the sound of the Androids you mentioned. I am heading to an event in Melbourne on Saturday nearby that will be promoting the new decks. So no doubt I might get some more cards then.

I am going to try and get to some of the local meet ups over the next few weeks. Something I haven't done previously but I'm kinda keen as I'm a huge DBZ fan. I've bought tons of the figures from Japan, got a few in Singapore and a few off BBTS as well.