Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprises from the IDW Panel at NYCC09

Default Surprises from the IDW Panel at NYCC09

Some big and unexpected news from the NYCC regarding Transformers.

IGN has posted their rundown on both Transformers and GI Joe.

Most of the rundown consists of information we already know, on many comics already released, such as the RotF movie prequel comics, Maximum Dinobots, and even Spotlights Jazz and Drift.

However there is also the first reveal of Spotlight Metroplex, to be written by Andy Schmidt with Marcelo Matere on art duties.

Also revealed is the AHM Coda, a four part mini series that IDW looks to be using to attempt to try and get AHM and the Furmanverse to mesh together better. (so a 12 issue maxi series then needs another 4 issues to help set it up ).

Also coming out will be a IDW Beast Wars comics collection and a 16 page poster book.

For the full IGN report, please click here.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    However there is also the first reveal of Spotlight Metroplex, to be written by Andy Schmidt with Marcelo Matere on art duties.
    Awesome. Another writer. I'd love to see how Metroplex comes into being or his role in the IDW verse. Hopefully he's at full size like Omega and not Fort Max

Also revealed is the AHM Coda, a four part mini series that IDW looks to be using to attempt to try and get AHM and the Furmanverse to mesh together better. (so a 12 issue maxi series then needs another 4 issues to help set it up ).
    I don't think that's a problem. It's just a prequel that's all of how all of it came to be and I like it. It goes back over the mysteries set in AHM.

Also coming out will be a IDW Beast Wars comics collection and a 16 page poster book.
    More good news. Especially on that poster book. Look forward to that.
    Last edited by STL; 10th February 2009 at 08:24 AM.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I don't think that's a problem. It's just a prequel that's all of how all of it came to be and I like it. It goes back over the mysteries set in AHM.
    I like this attempt to mend things with fans. No complaint from me.

My work wont allow access to the site, have to wait until I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    My work wont allow access to the site, have to wait until I get home.
    Youre not alone
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

some good news there, especially spotlight Metroplex (love Metroplex) and AHM coda is a good idea, as i think IDW lost people, when all of a sudden you have a planet full of decep's and left wondering what happened to the autobots and how certain characters are still in one piece. So hopefully this will answer all those questions.

Spoiler joke?! AHM issue 11 ends with Drift laughing as Megatron is about to destroy him. He reveals that New York City is actually a Transformer and he just woke him up. Last page, splash: New York City stands up in robot form: Metroplex!!! Oh wait, that's the end of Space Pirates!/Spoiler joke

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Spoiler joke?! /Spoiler joke
    You know what scares me? That may not be so far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    You know what scares me? That may not be so far fetched.
    If it had have happened in the G1 toon it'd be very believable, but I doubt McCarthy ever read the G1 comics, he didn't read the IDW ones he was meant to be following on from.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

If it had have happened in the G1 toon it'd be very believable, but I doubt McCarthy ever read the G1 comics, he didn't read the IDW ones he was meant to be following on from.
    Well remember that probably-wont-happen-but-maybe-could-spoiler Trypticon was built by the Constructicons out of a human city in FFOD. So maybe I'm wrong about which giant robot New York City will transform into? Maybe Metroplex will be needed to fight New York/Trypticon?? End