Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Thread!

Congratulations to the Warriors!

Unfortunately, Delly didn't play well on these last few games and Curry got going.

Thankfully e team that built and crafted a championship team won over the team that tried to buy one.

The better team did win, but the Cavs fans and bandwagoners will always wonder what could have been had Love and Irving not gone down injured!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

One of the best finals series in recent times! Would have loved to see more of Bogut in the last few games but will take the finals win! Being a Dubs supporter since the run TMC days this win doesn't quite feel real yet after all the times we spent as being a cellar dweller. Cue up that song Freddie Mercury!

Warriors beat the Grizzlies by 50 today!!

OK I'm a devoted Trail Blazers fan, watch every game on League Pass. We're rebuilding but it's a fun, young, running and gunning team this year. Nice to see them get up over the T-Wolves in Minnesota today.

So what other teams are being followed by people here?

Anyone play 2K? I've been playing NBA games since NBA Live 95! Just recently got 2K16 and I'm finding it very hard on my usual Superstar difficulty, have yet to beat the computer yet. Once I get the hang of it I'll be playing online on the PS4. Anyone else have it that wants a game online?

Steph Curry puts up ridiculous video game numbers, he is fun to watch.

I follow the Spurs and hope they can contend this year, the addition of Aldridge will help, just hope Parker, Duncan and Manu stay healthy come Finals time. Pop is a great coach and they play team basketball beautifully.

I don't have NBA 2K16 yet on PS4 but hope to get it and have the time to play it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailer Park Ninja View Post
    Steph Curry puts up ridiculous video game numbers, he is fun to watch.

I follow the Spurs and hope they can contend this year, the addition of Aldridge will help, just hope Parker, Duncan and Manu stay healthy come Finals time. Pop is a great coach and they play team basketball beautifully.

I don't have NBA 2K16 yet on PS4 but hope to get it and have the time to play it soon.
    Curry is on another level at the moment. It's just not fair!

Yeh most Blazers fans are still raw about the way Aldridge left. He had his right to choose where he played but he did say last year that he wanted to be the best Blazer of all time and stay. Interesting to see how he fits in San Antonio. Amazing how the Spurs remain at the top all these years, that trade for Leonard for George Hill was masterful.

The controls on 2K16 are a little different than 2K15, that's the bit I'm struggling with.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Curry is on another level at the moment. It's just not fair!

Yeh most Blazers fans are still raw about the way Aldridge left. He had his right to choose where he played but he did say last year that he wanted to be the best Blazer of all time and stay. Interesting to see how he fits in San Antonio. Amazing how the Spurs remain at the top all these years, that trade for Leonard for George Hill was masterful.

The controls on 2K16 are a little different than 2K15, that's the bit I'm struggling with.
    Yeah be interesting when both teams meet in Rip city and the reaction LaMarcus will receive. At least he didn't have a TV broadcast about "The Decision" lol.

Portland has a young talented team but will see how they fare, the Western Conference is a tough place.

The Spurs are one of the top organisations in executive management in keeping their teams in contention and scouting talent in USA and abroad. Plus Coach Pop sets the tone and everyone follows, there are no egos, they recruit certain players with the right personalities and attitude.

Yeah be interesting when both teams meet in Rip city and the reaction LaMarcus will receive. At least he didn't have a TV broadcast about "The Decision" lol.
    Or this season's installment, "The Indecision" staring D. Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Or this season's installment, "The Indecision" staring D. Jordan.
    Ha ha ha, so true. Wonder if DeAndre was just using Dallas as leverage to get a max deal.

I reckon Doc Rivers job is on the line this season, he's had enough time with the team and if they don't make the NBA Finals and win it, he's gone.

Was really disappointed in the way he dissed the new champs, expected more class from him. Came off as a petulant sore loser imho.

Portland has a young talented team but will see how they fare, the Western Conference is a tough place.

The Spurs are one of the top organisations in executive management in keeping their teams in contention and scouting talent in USA and abroad. Plus Coach Pop sets the tone and everyone follows, there are no egos, they recruit certain players with the right personalities and attitude.
    It's actually nice to have no expectations this year. If Portland is bad then we get a high draft pick (hopefully bad enough to get Ben Simmons!!). If they surprise people then it means Lillard, McCollum and the other youngsters are a good core and we have so much cap room to add players through lopsided trades or free agency. Whereas last year it was stressful because they had to be good to have a chance of resigning Aldridge.

Blazer fans generally despise the Rockettes, Thunder and the Lakers/Clippers. But we have utmost respect for the Spurs, Warriors and Grizzlies. The only thing that is starting to bug me is Pops interviews, he comes across now as being bigger than the game with his antics. But most people love him for the way he gives the media a hard time.