Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 465661626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Does anyone have a recommendation for hot sauce marinades? I have a craving for hot wings.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    We have been using Hello Fresh for the last few weeks. I had been sceptical about it but we are enjoying it so far. We were looking for more variety in our dinner meals and some convenience and it is delivering on both counts. I am the most novice cook but even I have been able to prepare meals.
    We used to go that route a for a while too. And at least you can add/take out ingredients to suit your needs or taste. Like for example, one we got a while ago was a clam dish. Yea, we froze the clams and added chicken I think. Or a prawn one, freeze the prawns and make prawn toast at a later date and add chicken

Was good, but now we've gone down an even more convenient route of My Muscle Chef. Really good food made in right portion sizes and helps with our weight loss. Microwave dinners but premade stuff you just reheat from frozen

I made home made pizza a few weeks ago from scratch. Not as finicky as you'd think, and overall a enjoyable process.

I mean, I say from scratch - I mean the base too. I wasn't hand rearing pigs to use for ham or anything like that.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for hot sauce marinades? I have a craving for hot wings.
    Franks hot sauce or Buffalo sauce? I add butter to it.

I don't go for overly hot as it wont be too enjoyable.

Bought a packet of each of Twisties flavours Cherry Tomato Bomb, Roast Chicken Dance, and Kaboom BBQ Curry. Should be quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Bought a packet of each of Twisties flavours Cherry Tomato Bomb, Roast Chicken Dance, and Kaboom BBQ Curry. Should be quite nice.
    Have these just been released?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Have these just been released?
    Apparently from Malaysia, I'm told. One of the local convenience stores imports some cool stuff.

In Hong Kong, Twisties were called Fonzies, and aside from the cheese and chicken flavours, they had BBQ Curry...

Strange. These one's are Twisties though. And the Cherry Tomato is delish. Instead of just tomato flavoured, these are kinda sweet like cherry tomatoes. Really nice.

Galvatran Guest

I tried fish balls the other day. A bit chewy for my liking. These were pretty large too. Almost choked.

Supposedly it's popular in SE Asian countries.