Page 462 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 442452457458459460461462463464465466467472482 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Does Soundwave ever talk in Transformers Prime. And am I the only one who thinks that's odd from a real-life point of view. I mean - they already have Frank Welker there in the recording room and the scriptwriters don't want to use him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Does Soundwave ever talk in Transformers Prime. And am I the only one who thinks that's odd from a real-life point of view. I mean - they already have Frank Welker there in the recording room and the scriptwriters don't want to use him?
    He can talk but has just chosen to remain silent, for what reason? - He hasn't said.

The writers have apparently stated at last years NYCC that he will speak but it is being saved for the right moment - It's a pretty cool take on the character though don't you think?
    (It's like he takes his Alt mode to spark, so to speak. )

Anyone know where i can get a face upgrade kit for megatron? There were some for sale on that computer auction site a while back. (it's for a re-issue don't panic) I think they called it M3G5 upgrade or someting.

Also is this a pre transformer or a k.o.
    Is it worth $150+ for all 6??

That's KO dude. Real Pre-TF Constructicons look like this:
    http://diaclone.net/orid/diabuild/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's KO dude. Real Pre-TF Constructicons look like this:
    http://diaclone.net/orid/diabuild/index.html
    Cool. It's been for sale for a while. Saved us some money there.
    Thanks.

Is anyone working on a cure for Gold Plastic Syndrome?
    Is it not a matter of if, but when?
    Will it be, to own an original G1 Black Zarak will be to own some cool black and red plastic and a sandwich bag full of gold shards and powder?

Not sure how you can "cure" a toy of the fact that it's made from shoddy inferior brittle plastic. That's why I settled with BotCon Pyro -- didn't get G1 Pyro and I don't like the odds of me paying some expensive aftermarket price for one, then having the gold plastic break on me when I handle/play with it. BotCon Pyro may not be G1, but at least I can play with it without fear of it breaking on me (plus it was a lot cheaper than what I'd pay for a G1 Pyro). There was a Black Zarak at the last Parra Fair -- someone picked it up and showed it to me... gold plastic broken all over!

Bad enough having gold plastic break on toys I purchased at regular retail price ... but I definitely wouldn't pay an inflated secondary market price for a toy that's likely to break. Pray for an Encore Mega Zarak w/ e-Hobby Black Zarak?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Is anyone working on a cure for Gold Plastic Syndrome?
    Is it not a matter of if, but when?
    Will it be, to own an original G1 Black Zarak will be to own some cool black and red plastic and a sandwich bag full of gold shards and powder?
    There is no cure.

It's simply not possible.

Sorry mate.

no...... no................... Nooooooooooooooooo!

It's not fair. snif snif

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's the plastic itself that's degrading from within (and outside too).

It's falling apart, and nothing you can do will stop it. I've seen MOC figures that were never moved that have just spontaneously fallen apart.

You can minimise your risk by leaving it out of sunlight, and touching/transforming it as little as possible, but that's really not a cure, as it can (and will) fall apart all on its own anyway, without any cause.

EDIT: Goktimus, you make it sound like Hasbro knowingly used an inferior plastic. They didn't. They were as surprised as us.

They've since cut down on the number of metallic flakes in it, and that should have fixed it. Of course, time is the only thing that will give a real answer.