1 16.67%
  • I prefer the Hasbro/other versions

1 16.67%
  • Other

1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Toy Review- Legends LG-36 Soundwave

Default Toy Review- Legends LG-36 Soundwave

Picked Soundwave up from a store here on release day, pleased with the promo pictures. This guy is without a doubt one of the best figures I've gotten this year, if not in my collecting history, especially with Laserbeak nearby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Previously handling Hasbro figures for the most part, including Titans Return Blaster, there is a clear difference between the amount of paint Takara uses, making most Hasbro paintjobs look a bit bare in comparison. Everything feels thicker and full, with good joints and an ecstasy of G1 cartoon that I want in a Soundwave figure.

[​IMG]

Many have put down Soundwave, mostly the Hasbro version, for drawing too much from the Blaster mould. Beyond say the presence of the boombox handle however, you could probably convince me that Soundwave came first. Especially in robot mode, the use of paint apps here completely separate the two. Takara's Soundwave looks like a slightly brighter version of MP-13, more cartoony and more modern, which is what I want in a Classics Soundwave. I don't have the mould to compare, nor do I have Blaster as I am abroad in Japan, but from my memory two versions of the same mould have never felt so dissimilar to me.

[​IMG]

Hasbro's changes to the alt mode are excelled further by the clear blue cartoon style tape window, a departure from the G1 toy and Hasbro TR's clear window, which looks a little busy on the latter. While looking more streamlined, the mechanical details behind the door are semi-visible, which looks pretty good IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you're a sucker for cartoon accuracy, this is your go to version of Soundwave. Paint apps are well done, giving a more well rounded feel than most Hasbro figures I've handled lately. Considering I got this guy for about $60 AUD, the same amount I payed for Hasbro Blaster at Australian retail (on sale from about $90 mind you), he is well worth it. If scale really bothers you or you want a more G1 toy style, then he may not be right.

I am away from home, so unable to provide comparisons with Blaster, Megatron, or the rest of his minions (Hasbro, got Takara Laserbeak) at the moment, but I hope to provide some come about a month's time.

[​IMG]

(If you get this guy, be sure to get Laserbeak/Condor too)
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

APOLOGIES

Pictures should be fixed soon, copying from TFW didn't copy them over. Stay tuned.

Pictures can be found right now on the TFW post, which I will link here (if alright)
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Copy and paste URL into image tags... seems to work for me.

(just showing thumbnail as preview so I don't reflood this thread with the same full sized image when bidoofdude fixes post #1)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Copy and paste URL into image tags... seems to work for me.

(just showing thumbnail as preview so I don't reflood this thread with the same full sized image when bidoofdude fixes post #1)
    Will do when I get my computer up.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust