Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World 4 Kids?

I think there were only a couple around Perth. I can remember Miirrabooka, and a quick google lists one in Cannington (probably where TRU is now), but That's all I knew of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Wonderland... that wasn't that place in Perth city was it?
    No, Wonderland was like Toyworld but their stores seemed to always be larger than the Toyworld stores. The Wonderland at Mirrabooka was in that small complex where the CES used to be not very far from World 4 Kids but shut down either just before or just after W4K's opened, I think W4K may have even been a larger version of the franchise as they had the same jingle

Yeah there was one in Miranda I think used to go in there all the time. I even kinda remember the song off the ad.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I remember going to one in Bankstown a few times... don't think I ever bought anything from it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I think there were only a couple around Perth. I can remember Miirrabooka, and a quick google lists one in Cannington (probably where TRU is now), but That's all I knew of.
    Yep I'm pretty sure it was just Mirrabooka and Cannington. I got to go to the Mirrabooka one a few times but I only went to Cannington once. They were identical though and I swear about twice as large as a typical TRU. (might be the child factor though)

There was a huge one in Blacktown Westpoint that had whole aisles dedicated to action man, Batman, Thomas the Tank, Barbie and other toy lines. I remember the Street Sharks and Ninja Turtles shared an aisle.

The one in Penrith used to be opposite the main shopping centre and survived longer than most, I could still frequent it in 2000 to buy DBZ figures brand new cheaper than I could buy them second hand from Kings Comics across the street!

Wasn't really into Tf's at the point, so I cannot remember what stock they had, but I did have a catalogue for years that I would continually peruse. Think I got rid of it years ago, when W4K closed down in Blacktown.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I bought my Classic Prime & a few others from them. I even picked up a few things for Jon & Karl Hartman, too. Those were the days, doing everything by mail.

Thanks to member Counterpunch/Jimmy, who collected toy catalogues during the 90s (inspiring me to collect as many as I can since then, as an archive of prices we had here)....

The catalogues are dated from 1993 to 1997, which I think was how long they lasted against ToysRUs, before folding. (as noted above, W4K was part of the ColesMyer Corporation, so the W4K Brand was just used by Kmart for a few years after they folded, for customer familiarity I guess)
    These were the stores during 1997...

They could have indeed been around until after 2000. I remember the two in Brisbane, on opposite ends of greater Brisbane, so were difficult to get to from where I lived at that time. The one in Aspley was near the ToysRUs, which was convenient if you could get up there (it would take me two buses and about 80 minutes).

I remember visiting the World 4 Kids in Southport just after i turned 18 and getting TM Optimus Primal and Megatron for 19.95 each i think. it was their closing down sale. And the first two Transformers I'd ever bought for myself.

I only ever went to the Greensborough store (well, I was staying in Greensborough with relatives) once. Don't remember buying anything from there, but I did get the Off-Road Patrol from Myer the same day.

The Belmont K-Mart still had the World 4 Kids stuff on their toy rack ends until a few years ago. A few years before that they inherited a Darth Vader and Action man statue as well.