View Poll Results: Worth Getting?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah! I've always wanted a Dispensor Toy

9 64.29%
  • He's not bad and I drink Mt Dew ocassionally so I'll probably get him at some point

3 21.43%
  • I don't really care for Mt Dew so will more than likely give it a miss

2 14.29%
  • Nah, I Hate Mt Dew!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Advanced Dispensor

Default Toy Review - JP Advanced Dispensor

DISPENSOR

Series - Lost Age Advanced Line
    Sub-line – Movie Advanced
    Wave: Wave 1 - 2014
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco with new head sculpt
    Released here – No
    Approximate Price - AU$30 + postage
    Approximate Size – 14cm
    Allegiance – Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Delivery Truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Ultimate Chest Claw of Doom
    Main Colours – Green, grey
    Main Accessories – Can Launcher

ROBOT MODE:

Looks decent enough. They have made a good attempt at recreating Bay's head from the movie but it could use a bit more silver detail IMO. The Legs and arms are in proportion with the body which is a plus. Most of the kibble folds up nicely. Biggest downside would be the big long rail used for the "Ultimate Chest Claw of Doom" sticking out his back

VEHICLE MODE:

Quite a good representation of a truck No evidence of the robot mode even on the underside The new paint applications look really good and can easily be identified as the intended brand. Quite amusing that that used Mood Wiplash as the substitute

Note: Mood Whiplash is a Transformer-suitable beverage composed of carbonated engex with a dash of petrol.

TRANSFORMATION:

Not to difficult to transform. I was able to work it without needing to refer to the manual which only has 8 steps BTW. Kibble folds up nicely and flaps and hinges clip or lock into place easily

ARTICULATION:

Only up and down for the feet but can bend at the knees and hips can rotate. Waist can turn 360 (part of transform). Arms can rotate around at the shoulder and there is a joint at the bicep which helps with arm pose ability. The wrists can also turn 360. The Biggest let down is the head which can only turn left a right about 10 degrees.

OVERALL:

A decent repaint and a good attempt at an alternate head. IMO the plastic feels cheap though and I noticed it flexes when trying to use the Ultimate Chest Claw of Doom feature causing it to jam mid way. I don't have him with me to compare but I don't recall this issue with original mold this toy was taken from (Payload). If you liked Payload and find the Mt Dew recolour appealing or if you really want a Dispensor toy in you collection then try and pick this guy up. I'm going to give him a 7/10

PICS:

Mine is on its way I think. Looking forward to it.

I'd love to get this guy, just don't have the cash to spare on him. To many others I want before him

I would get him if I collected movie toys outside of my character rule, but as I only collect movie toys that fit into my rules I won't get him. (unless I see him super cheap.)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I would get him if I collected movie toys outside of my character rule, but as I only collect movie toys that fit into my rules I won't get him. (unless I see him super cheap.)
    Rules aren't rules if you're going to bend them

There gonna be a hasbro version? And will it have the proper mountain dew logo? Also is the can dispenser machine detachable? would be awesome if so xD

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    There gonna be a hasbro version? And will it have the proper mountain dew logo? Also is the can dispenser machine detachable? would be awesome if so xD
    So far, we haven't seen anything from Hasbro yet. We might see this in later waves. It would be great if Hasbro could fully license Mountain Dew. I'd buy 2.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Mine came the other day. Neat little toy. Already have the older Payload version so knew what was expecting. The head sculpt I'm a bit unsure of.

while it does feel like a first movie toy, and the chest claw gimmick is a bit crap, especially with the post out the back when not deployed.

It would be better with proper mountain dew labelling.

I love it, it has a very nice deco, I like the new head, the transformation is simple yet interesting (I really like how the feet are formed out of truck parts). It's possible to partly transform it so the back of the truck stands up and looks like a vending machine.

At Anime-Export pre-order prices this little guy is well worth the money.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I don't like the Payload mould (really don't like that gimmick), so I can't say I'm massively interested in Dispensor. Amazon JP currently has it on sale for 2523JPY ($26), but even at that price I remain unconvinced. :/