Page 438 of 481 FirstFirst ... 418428433434435436437438439440441442443448458 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    He could just have a strict no work colleagues on facebook thing. I know I have that. I will not accept an invite from a work colleague but i won't reject it either. I just leave it pending. Facebook can have too many personal things on it that you may not want someone at work seeing. I wouldn't take it too personally.
    ^Agree and can confirm. I have a long back log of pending friend requests which I haven't done anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Added a guy from work on Facebook as a friend las wek. He didn't accept (or respond at all). Walked past his desk today and didn't know what to say, so I looked busy and kept walking. Very awkward but I don't want to bring it up and look desperate for a friend (even though I am).
    I just don't accept many friend requests. it's Facebook, for me it's about nerd stuff and cute animals, I don't need real life or 'friends' outside my interest sphere clogging up my nerd feed.

I would not take anything away from not having a friend request responded too. Facebook friends are not necessarily real friends, there is crossover but neither automatically makes the other.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

And I know that there are some people who I can be friends with IRL but I don't think that I would be friends with them online. This is mainly because while we have common interests IRL we don't have common interests online.

God I hate G1 transformers facebook groups, I havn't found one that I actually like.

Its either Morons who are over charging and you aren't allowed to comment on their sale price else risk getting booted, collectors who say look at my awesome g1 collection when its filled with KO's if you mention the KO's you risk getting booted or people who try and make G1 memes and have no idea what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    God I hate G1 transformers facebook groups, I havn't found one that I actually like.

Its either Morons who are over charging and you aren't allowed to comment on their sale price else risk getting booted, collectors who say look at my awesome g1 collection when its filled with KO's if you mention the KO's you risk getting booted or people who try and make G1 memes and have no idea what they are doing.
    I am member of one that I largely ignore because there isn't much that's interesting going on.

Yeah, not fun but then again, most of the TF fandom is pretty awful in an inbred sort of way like the US boards tend to show us time and time again. I guess most online geek fandoms are like that too so I mostly keep to myself.

Be thankful you are on this board, seems to be the only one that survived the idiocracy apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am member of one that I largely ignore because there isn't much that's interesting going on.

Yeah, not fun but then again, most of the TF fandom is pretty awful in an inbred sort of way like the US boards tend to show us time and time again. I guess most online geek fandoms are like that too so I mostly keep to myself.

Be thankful you are on this board, seems to be the only one that survived the idiocracy apocalypse.
    Yeah, this board is like a sanctuary from them. I'm really just a member of the groups for the photos lol but sometimes I just wonder what people are on. Long time collectors selling 'rare' stuff for $200 when you can get it for $10 on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I just don't accept many friend requests. it's Facebook, for me it's about nerd stuff and cute animals, I don't need real life or 'friends' outside my interest sphere clogging up my nerd feed.

I would not take anything away from not having a friend request responded too. Facebook friends are not necessarily real friends, there is crossover but neither automatically makes the other.
    The awkwardness of the non-response is my concern really. I know it's only Facebook, but if people have better or not creepy ways of indicating to someone "I would like to be your friend" I'd like to hear it.

Strike up a couple random weather/sport/tv show/movie conversations at the water cooler/kitchen/desk walking past/elevator when the opportunity arises I guess. if a friendship is going to grow it's going to grow from there.

best of luck mate.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Not so much a vent as a "WTF, how did they decide on that?".

I did a couple of Google searches a few weeks ago for Ghost in the Shell and bought bought the original Anime version. Now I keep getting ads for a bunch of other Anime Blu-rays. It's like they think I'm the biggest Anime fan in the world just for buying a single Anime.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You gotta love auspost
    Ordered a toner for my printer
    Got posted on monday
    Still at the sorting center at chullora
    Maybe its just riding the carousels or something

I gotta print stuff...