Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TF Animated Ep11 - Lost and Found. (Spoilers)

I agree, the points that I made are highly speculative but still things within the series seem to be inclining towards the possibility that Sari is a cyborg of some sort.

When it comes to lack of mother on other characters such as Spike and Shutta, well the plot, setting and circumstances were radically diffferent and although Shutta's father comes close, he isn't portrayed as a socially isolated robotics super genius. I could be wrong, but didn't Gou mention his mother early in the series?

It is well within reason that the Skunk professor would indeed 'build' a kid.

*lol* I love how people keep calling him the skunk professor. Kudos to roller for being the first to call him that.

I don't recall Shuta's mother ever being mentioned. Professor Go didn't seem to be an expert in robotics - just an all round wise-guy genius scientist dude (who always wore a lab coat even when he wasn't dealing with any hazardous materials).

I should also mention Dr. Onishi, Yuuki's father, from Car Robot (who, like Professor Go, also wears a lab coat 24/7 and is never seen dealing with hazardous materials) - there's no mention of Yuuki's mother. And he kinda likes AI-chan, who's an artificially intelligent hologram.

AI: "What do you mean holograms don't need to bathe?!"
    Super Fire Convoy: *snicker*

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Also I've been thinking lately, Sari might actually be some sort of advanced android that the professor made for a daughter. After reading the interview with her voice actor a while ago, and how the series is going in general......
    I suspect that too. Hence why she's the guardian of the key. She's a robotic lifeform.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Back in the first episode Optimus Prime tried to turn on the ship's "Omega" mode. Just saying...
    That's what I thought when I saw the cannon too. Just looks Omega-ish. But like MV75 pointed out back in the first ep, it's supposed to be a non-miltary vehicle. Either way, I don't mind but the prospect of an Omega Supreme toy is exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I liked the hockey game (reminded me of the basketball game from G1) and the familar outfits of the construction workers.
    Definitely got that vibe too.

Did anyone else keep thinking that Lugnut's eye was his nose and those smaller "eyes" were his actual eyes? Or was that just me?
    I really didn't notice there. I can't say the picture quality (watching it on YouTube) was that great either.

I think one of the things that really is gnawing at me is how inept this team of Autobots is. Not in a bad way, mind you. My concern is that their lack of ability to deal with any of the Decepticons so far is going to make it very hard for me to swallow if all of a sudden they start going toe to toe with Starscream, Lugnut and Blitzwing. They could barely handle Starscream on his own. I find it hard to imagine them dealing with all three. I hope that will be explained.

If many reinforcements arrive for an assist, I doubt I'll like that too much. I just hope the writers will give the Autobots a chance to grow into warriors at least.

Sari was annoying again but overall this was a great episode. I like Lugnut and Blitzwing. Blitzwing's three pronged persona is unique w/ the triple changer concept. Lugnut is a big fella but he isn't exactly dopey either. Better than I expected. May watch the next ep today too

To be honest, these Autobots are space bridge mechanics, not warriors. Optimus Prime has military training and Ratchet has some battle experience, but otherwise they're civilians. The series hasn't thrown enough Decepticons at them often enough to forge them into soldiers, unlike say the Maximals in Beast Wars who also started off as civilians (explorers) and were thrown into the Beast Wars and forced to adapt themselves as combatants.

Thats one thing that has bugged me. How did this assortment of characters get put on space bridge repairs? Are the Autobots short on mechanics? Take Prowl for example. Is he a space bridge mechanic who likes ninja stuff as a hobby or is he a ninja who did something naughty and his punishment is being put on a space bridge repair crew?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Thats one thing that has bugged me. How did this assortment of characters get put on space bridge repairs? Are the Autobots short on mechanics? Take Prowl for example. Is he a space bridge mechanic who likes ninja stuff as a hobby or is he a ninja who did something naughty and his punishment is being put on a space bridge repair crew?
    This is pushing it but maybe they are all military in the sense that they are military tradesmen specializing in repairs and maintenance rather than combat but still a branch of the Autobot forces?

They're clearly not part of the military - the relationship between Optimus Prime, Sentinel Prime and Ultra Magnus illustrates this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim
    Take Prowl for example. Is he a space bridge mechanic who likes ninja stuff as a hobby or is he a ninja who did something naughty and his punishment is being put on a space bridge repair crew?
    He's a mechanic whose hobby is being a ninja. It's not an entirely ridiculous notion - nowadays martial arts commonly learnt as a hobby and form of civil self defence, no longer used in warfare (pugilism is no match against modern artillery). I admit that it's not as cool as other TF martial artists, who've all been trained combatants.